Losing balance and dying HELP

Madeline90

Chirping
Apr 26, 2017
hello,
Last week my buff started to lose balance. We thought she had injured her left leg since it was the one she seemed to limp on. We isolated her and took care of her. After a few days of working with her, she died.

Now my speckled Sussex is walking off balance and using her wing to catch her. She keeps laying down and closing her eyes like she’s lethargic. These are similar symptoms.

Any advice would be so appreciated. I don’t want to lose my flock to something and am very worried.
Thanks

Sorry for your loss.
The other day I was research chicken diseases, and I found Marek's Disease and the symptoms of your chickens sound kind of like the Marek's Disease symptoms. which is paralyzed legs, or wings, tumors, blindness, bumps on the skin, but it varies depending on the strain of Marek's. It spreads by dust partials which might be why two of your chickens have the same symptoms.

But there are other diseases that look like Marek's Disease so i'm not 100% sure, like vitamin deficiencies, or Botulism.

Here's a very useful site that talks about the Marek's Disease
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-great-big-giant-mareks-disease-faq.66077/

Back
Top Bottom