Lost 2 chicks

Betsyg16

Chirping
May 16, 2020
I had 20 chicks. Today they are 10 days old. I have a coop that is far off the ground. I keep taking them out each day, for some sun. They are definitely big enough if I raise the lid on the nesting box to fly out. This back and forth and back and forth has caused me to lose 2 chicks.
So I’m leaving them inside the coop from now on, until I get the run enclosed enough that they
Don’t have to go completely from the coop
and run to another place outside to get sun.
I’m not really asking any questions, I’m just very frustrated over this.

By lost, you mean gone hiking in the wilderness or just ducked you? Don't be surprised when you find them in the morning at the coop, giving you accusing looks for not waiting for them before you closed up.

By lost, you mean gone hiking in the wilderness or just ducked you? Don't be surprised when you find them in the morning at the coop, giving you accusing looks for not waiting for them before you closed up.
No, what I mean is one got his neck broke, because I was putting her into a container my Grandson was helping me and she dropped too far. The other my Grandson decided to introduce him to his Boston terrier, while we were transferring them and the dog just reached out and chomped him. DOA.

Gosh
I’ve had lots of chickens. I moved from California to Tennessee, and this is a whole new ball game. Rain then more rain then humidity and did I mention rain.
I know, I need to get over this and get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom