Loud duck breeds?

One of my Welsh Harlequin females renamed her Daisy after figured out she wasn't a charlie ( metzer got tags mixed up).. She makes a funny sound like a cough and a squeak.. could that be the donkey sound..

For really quiet get scovies, mine lay well if I don't let them brood.

For quack ducks- mallard based breeds; I've had some I really hated due to noise. They didn't last.

I have nine Dutch hook bills this year (from Holderread's). They rarely make any loud noise at all. I look forward to eggs, I have 6 females and three males. The girls are the ones who make noise. Mine have been very, very good. Mellow and very personable as well.

This is very interesting.
I.m also looking at get some ducks next spring and no one as said anything about the Bantam size ducks Like 'Mandarin Ducks , Woods Ducks or the Black East Indies are these breeds of ducks loud or not.

Thanks Alan

The reason why I ask about those 3 breeds of bantam is I read that the small call ducks are very loud and noise, I do live in the country and I have chickens and turkeys NOW , the Roo's are very loud at times . come 4:00 am they start crowing
hmm.png
roll.png
for 10min. to 15 min. stright and continue each hour until the sun is up for a few hours so about 8 am they quite down then the hens start cuz there starting to lay there eggs and letting all the others know that they laid a egg.
tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png
so I really didn't need anymore louder nosie that I have already even thou I going to be down sizing my chicken flock roos and hens .

After living in the city with house on top of house /apt next to apt. nosie on top of nosie for 45 yrs. it was time to move to the country ,I don't mine some nosie but all day long forget it- thats why I move to the country with woods all around me and my 2 neibores ea. side of me are about 200/250 feet away.

I now my chickens are loud at times and ready didn't want to drive them or me or the wife any more nuts with quacking ducks to0
big_smile.png

chickensioux
Today 8:26 am Ooooh yeah, I have Mandarins coming in a couple of weeks, are they noisy?

LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT AND HOW NOSIE THEY ARE , I will not be getting any Mandarins until next spring, I'm just starting to build the Duck pen aviary now.

Thanks
ALAN​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom