Lucy

PaulaSB12

Songster
9 Years
Dec 6, 2010
My Lucy has settled almost down after my mother died, she pined very badly for the first few weeks she was in hospital and lost weight. The only thing is she has taken to peeing in the house at night. I don't give her water to dink through the night and she is put out before I go to bed. She also saw the vet and there are no medical reasons for her peeing in the house any suggestions?

I am sorry to hear that you lost your Mom. It sounds like Lucy is still sad and missing her. You have made the right start in ruling out anything medical. Do you notice she is particulary anxious at night? Did she sleep in with your mom or keep her company at night? Maybe with all being quiet she has less distraction and is experiencing separation anxiety?
I am no expert on this and hope others jump in to help you. Perhaps something that gives her comfort over the night (i.e. special toy...nearness to family members) will help.
Good luck

She slept with my mother and myself, moving from one room to the other. I tried putting her to sleep in the porch where there are tiles but she was so unhappy I let her sleep with me again. I am going to get some puppy pads and try and get her to use them.

Back
Top Bottom