Lynn’s Hens National Unicorn Day 🦄 Adopt-an-Egg Hatch-a-Long 🐣🐣

Pics
What incubator do you use and what hatch method?
Nr 360, and I’ve always just followed the instructions, humidity at 50% and then at lockdown it goes to 65-70.

I find myself wondering if they aren’t turning properly because they are small eggs? All the other eggs are on track.

Hello All -

*disclaimer* - there is a picture of a quitter, so if you are queasy, don’t look)

I’m sorry I haven’t gotten to updates sooner, I have been sick the majority of this week with a wicked sinus infection and have been bedridden. I did candle this evening, but wish I hadn’t :hit

I pulled 9 eggs this evening because I didn’t see any veining or movement. I immediately cracked them all open because I’m just so perplexed, and I have had this very specific issue happen before. There was embryonic development, but they looked to have all quit around the same day, I’m guessing between 7-10 days. I have spent hours trying to find something that could give me even a possible cause, and I am finding nothing. I have the same eggs in a second incubator at the moment, and the ones that are left are moving all happy with strong veining, so I don’t know what the hell is going on. I’m attaching a picture from one of the eggs I pulled this evening in hopes someone can see something. All nine looked almost exactly the same and seemed to be attached to the air sack. I KNOW it’s not a breed issue, as I have a yard full of babies that have been incubated by both me and a broody.

All cemanis (#’s 1-12) EXCEPT for #10(@Yard farmer) were pulled. I might be just hopeful on that one.

All others (@Ilovemychicks08 , @Falona Hen , @shabby chic-hens , @ObsessedWithSilkies , @HorseGirlAbby , @junior67 , @fluffycrow), are doing good.

It is a miserable end to a miserable week, so please excuse my lack of enthusiasm. If anyone can give me any insight on why this could be happening, I would be very grateful. Again, have same eggs from same hens in second incubator that are thriving. I know that incubating cemanis has its challenges, but I’ve never had every single one I set, quit. They are all fertilized or they wouldn’t be developing. Thanks 🙏 View attachment 3451133View attachment 3451134
Im sorry.. :hugs Its probably very hard to loose that many at once. I hope the rest hatch!

Im sorry.. :hugs Its probably very hard to loose that many at once. I hope the rest hatch!
Thank you so much. I just hate not knowing why. I’m going to put these eggs under a broody and see what happens. I may just go that route moving forward as I know the hatch rate is almost 100% with the broody.

Nr 360, and I’ve always just followed the instructions, humidity at 50% and then at lockdown it goes to 65-70.

I find myself wondering if they aren’t turning properly because they are small eggs? All the other eggs are on track.
Not sure if it would change anything but reading here I found most have it around 45 for incubation and 65 for lockdown. Also do you have the vent open all the time? Air needs to get in. But don't see the slight humidity difference changing the outcome at day 7-10. You can post on the thread that is called something like Harris farms Nurture Right 360 is amazing. Lots of people there that use the NR360

Not sure if it would change anything but reading here I found most have it around 45 for incubation and 65 for lockdown. Also do you have the vent open all the time? Air needs to get in. But don't see the slight humidity difference changing the outcome at day 7-10. You can post on the thread that is called something like Harris farms Nurture Right 360 is amazing. Lots of people there that use the NR360
Thank you 🤗

I'm not familiar with how an Nr360 works but I use a farmers innovators 4250 and have found the best method for me is to keep the humidity steady at 40-45% the whole way through at 99.5 degrees. 😊

I'm not familiar with how an Nr360 works but I use a farmers innovators 4250 and have found the best method for me is to keep the humidity steady at 40-45% the whole way through at 99.5 degrees. 😊
If it weren’t for the Cemani eggs, my hatch rate would be about 90%. I’m just going to go with the broody from now on, I know they get it done ✔️

Back
Top Bottom