Mail chicks round 2...

Jan 12, 2021
My replacement chick order from Hoover’s shipped late last night, but my delivery date is not until Monday 😭 looks like I’ll be getting a repeat of last time. I hate that I’ve put another box of chicks through this. Last time they shipped on a Tuesday night and my delivery date was Saturday and that’s exactly what happened. Not Hoover’s fault at all just slow USPS. Hoover’s said I should have them in 2days but it’s not looking good.☹️ Anyone else having a really hard time getting their chicks by mail?? If these ones don’t make it I won’t have them replace them, it’s just sending them to their death.😢

Thanks, yes I will. And just want to say Hoover’s Hatchery has been wonderful! Customer service was great and no problem there. The USPS has been the problem :idunno
They sound a lot better then some of the hatchery’s people have gotten chicks from on this site. I would be tempted to order from them but I live in Australia and I don’t think they would deliver over seas (not that they would be allowed to). I don’t think there are very many places that I can order chicks from where I live. But if I ever find myself living in an area I can order chicks from from Hoover’s I will most certainly be considering it.

They are HERE!!!:wee
They arrived early this morning and we picked them up. A few were DOA but all seem to be doing great! So excited! Yes the heat lamps are very low I know, going to bring them up some. They were very cold when they arrived so was trying to help them warm up quicker. They were huddled in a ball because they were so cold and almost trampling each other to get warm. Everyone is warm now and running around. Such cute little puff balls :)

Attachments

• B32DFCB1-6ADC-4A32-9579-3B471A08F515.jpeg
    B32DFCB1-6ADC-4A32-9579-3B471A08F515.jpeg
    505.3 KB · Views: 21
  • D9DD09E8-CF59-428B-8CEA-3B8C401935D2.jpeg
    D9DD09E8-CF59-428B-8CEA-3B8C401935D2.jpeg
    564.7 KB · Views: 23
And things are starting to not look so great :( .... 5 were DOA and everyone else was thriving. I’ve been watching them closely today and everyone was eating, drinking, running around, napping etc. normal behavior and now all of a sudden 4-5 are clearly dying. They have plenty of food, water, and space (heated and cooler) Nothing else I can do for them just very discouraging to have had almost all of them make it and seem healthy and then this happen. 😕 is this normal or was I just foolish in having the expectation of keeping most of the 50 I ordered alive :idunno I assumed I would loose a few but not that many.

You weren’t foolish to think you could get almost all of the 50 you ordered. It sucks that they are dying, and I hope they can somehow push through.

You weren’t foolish to think you could get almost all of the 50 you ordered. It sucks that they are dying, and I hope they can somehow push through.
Thank you, a couple more are not looking good now. I’ve never order chicks before. I’ve always just acquired them from Craigslist but we decided to go with a hatchery since there were certain breeds I wanted to get. Also we wanted to make sure we were getting females since we were making the investment. Will a hatchery typically refund loss from a replacement shipment? I probably wouldn’t have even messaged them about the first 5 because i knew we would loose some, but I’m up to 10 now 😕

Back
Top Bottom