Maine coop 2012

Peepsareforme, I have read that egg laying slows when the days get shorter. And here in Maine the days get pretty short in the winter. Some people even put lights on timers so that they can extend the daytime and get more production. I think it is debatable but I know I get depressed when the days are short and at the very least it will help keep my chickens from getting depressed?? Maybe I should have a clear roof on my house! I also cannot imagine having to make drastic changes to my coop at this point. Have you posted any pics of your chicken coop? Maybe there are a few things you could change up easily for cheap??

It looks beautiful! I am not through with construction yet myself, but I can relate to the hardware cloth and other injuries.
wink.png

Thought I should let you know that I posted the entire building process in BYC's "Coops". It is named Garden Coop Maine. Thank you for all the comments. A lot of my friends and family don't understand how much work and effort went into building this. Nice to hear from all of you who know what is involved!!

Back
Top Bottom