Male or Female

Here are some more pics...as far as interaction with others Moana is a little more skittish than the other SLW. Actually seems to be the low chick on the totem pole.

Did you buy from a hatchery and were they straight run or sexed pullets? I'm suspicious of both the Orp and the Wyandotte for being cockerels but I doubt anyone here would give you a definitive male or female at this stage, so probably best to post more photos of them in a few weeks. If you bought straight run then the chances are higher that they are cockerels. If you bought pullets, whilst it's not 100% accurate, you would have to be very unlucky to get two accidents in such a small sample.

Did you buy from a hatchery and were they straight run or sexed pullets? I'm suspicious of both the Orp and the Wyandotte for being cockerels but I doubt anyone here would give you a definitive male or female at this stage, so probably best to post more photos of them in a few weeks. If you bought straight run then the chances are higher that they are cockerels. If you bought pullets, whilst it's not 100% accurate, you would have to be very unlucky to get two accidents in such a small sample.
Oops.. I'm going definitive on the SLW.
hide.gif

And I have been unlucky enough to get 2 boys out of a group of 4 sexed pullets...
tongue.png

They were from a farm store and said to be sexed pullets. Keeping my fingers crossed still that they are both pullets...my kids will be crushed if they are male as we can not keep them. Anyone know when they will attempt crowing if they are males?

They were from a farm store and said to be sexed pullets. Keeping my fingers crossed still that they are both pullets...my kids will be crushed if they are male as we can not keep them. Anyone know when they will attempt crowing if they are males?
They can start trying as young as 4 weeks and my latest was 7 months so far.

Of course give it a little time before assuming I am correct.

Stinks to have little ones disappointed or heart broken.
sad.png

Quote:
@EggSighted4Life

That will teach me to be so presumptive as to speak for others!
hide.gif

I'm sure you have more experience than me in this respect but hoping for the OP's children's sake that we are both wrong and sassysarah123 is correct in this case.

@EggSighted4Life

That will teach me to be so presumptive as to speak for others!
hide.gif

I'm sure you have more experience than me in this respect but hoping for the OP's children's sake that we are both wrong and sassysarah123 is correct in this case.
Meh... I don't know about more experience... And I think you're a great and pretty savvy member!
wink.png

I'm not afraid to be wrong and always open to learning. I try not to jump the gun too much, but it happens sometimes. And I have been fooled before by gender.
he.gif

I hope for the kids OF COURSE that they are both pullets as well!
yippiechickie.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom