MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Yes definitely mallard. I've been very picky when I picked out my ducks not to get The small call ducks or the bigger rouens. It is the same egg. I misted off the dirt trying to figure out the actual color. Darn I hope that wont affect the hatchibility I'm hoping to incubate it. Will check later today if anymore have been laid.

Hopefully the egg is okay, I don't think ducks lay more than one egg per day. But still better to check often because birds like magpies love to eat them.

Meanwhile you can store the egg in a cool place and turn it once a day. My mallard also laid an egg I'll try to upload a picture later :)

Thank you guys. I'm really hoping it's from my mallard. I collected this bone yesterday so maybe I'll have another today. Ill make sure and turn it when I turn my chicken eggs.

these or from or mallerd and swidish mix together .

He pretty much leaves when she does. He stays in the pool a little longer but goes back in the nest box to join her. I think he gets lonely easily. I hope he is good with the babies when they hatch.

I would really watch him when they hatch to make sure he doesn't kill any, but he seems to be really devoted.

Back
Top Bottom