Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Hi Kim, I do have some fuzzy butts from NYD hatch 7 Splash Marans, 1 Birchen Marans, 2 Exchequer Leghorns, and 2 BCW polsh. I have more in the bator, I have started setting from who ever is laying every Friday now. So starting the 26th I will be having weekly hatches. I just got 5 new Birchen chics fro Ohio so we will see how they look as the grow. I got 8 Whites from 2nd week of Oct. lost1 but have 3 roos and 4 pullets to work with and all look very nice at this point (Thanks Ernie) Hands are full and will be glad when mud season ends right Donna!
I was happy that we finally got WINTER here in Michigan this week! Up until yesterday, it was a muddy, mucky mess in all my pens.

Hi Kim, I do have some fuzzy butts from NYD hatch 7 Splash Marans, 1 Birchen Marans, 2 Exchequer Leghorns, and 2 BCW polsh. I have more in the bator, I have started setting from who ever is laying every Friday now. So starting the 26th I will be having weekly hatches. I just got 5 new Birchen chics fro Ohio so we will see how they look as the grow. I got 8 Whites from 2nd week of Oct. lost1 but have 3 roos and 4 pullets to work with and all look very nice at this point (Thanks Ernie) Hands are full and will be glad when mud season ends right Donna!

I was happy that we finally got WINTER here in Michigan this week!  Up until yesterday, it was a muddy, mucky mess in all my pens. 

Yeah we just had flooding rains of 4-5 inches. It is still raining now..... but it is going to be freezing rain tonight. We just cant ge away from rain here for more than a day or two it seems. More rain coming.

Last edited:
I am just sooo tired of having my shoe sucked off and going in to my ankle in mud with just a sock on EWWWW!
sickbyc.gif
Ditto that. I have a very old horse - he'll be 26 this spring. He has arthritis pretty bad, and I feel so badly for him when his feet get stuck in the mud - it HAS to hurt when he has to pull to get it unstuck.
sad.png

Ahhhhhh.......all talk of rain and muck and shoes stuck in the mud is like you all are talking about my backyard. Here in the lovely Pacific NorthWET this is almost a daily thing for months and months.

I know EGG-ZACTLY all to well whatcha all are going through. I feel for you...I absolutely do!

Must admit that the boot or shoe stuck in the muck is the most unfavored of all with what the rainy season brings..........but always brings me a good laugh when it happens to me. Of course its only funny after I am done being hissed off about the muddy sock, inevitably when the boot is stuck, I stumble before I can get my foot back into the boot...................... :rant :lol:

Last edited:
Where's all the EAST COASTERS???????

The Westerner's come out to play and no one is here.
tongue.png

frow.gif
I am here... still raining... only this time is going to be FREEZING
fl.gif
for the electricity to stay on all night. I so NEED TO MOVE BIRDS
barnie.gif
But the forecast says no rain for 7 days
bow.gif
Until I got chickens I didn't realize how much it rained.

Back
Top Bottom