March Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Congratulations on ducklings, chicks, and pips.
I can finally join the celebration as I awoke to four d'uccles and 1 sultan in the incubator and a little later, another d'uccle hatched. I have six eggs left and there are at least two sultans pipping right now, so hopefully more chicks soon. This means I can also put some more eggs in the incubator with more room;)

One thing a little disappointing is that one of the d'uccles seems to have slightly splayed legs. We had this problem with three of them last year and they never got rid of it. I taped this chick's legs but it kept falling over so I cut off the tape. I might just have to work with it to fix the legs, but other than that, I've had good luck so far.
Here are some pictures of them:
View attachment 1703771 View attachment 1703773
Congrats! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:ya:ya:ya:wee:weeI don't have any of those breeds so it will be cool to watch those grow up and feather out :drool

Here's one of my silkies that just hatched the night before last. I took it next door so my neighbor could take pictures of it and email them to me so I could show you.

0316191322b_HDR_resized.jpg 0316191319a_HDR_resized.jpg

I actually have 6 out of 6 pipped but one was pipped on the underside of the egg, I only noticed it because I saw a tiny egg shell on the floor kind of under the egg. So its the correct end (fat end) but the underside facing the bottom of the bator. Im just gonna leave it alone and see what happens. Its been about 12 hours since the first pip..Im going to a party tonight...I have to step away from the bator, my eyes are crossed from staring at the dumb thing:gig

:love How many do you have now?

I had 2 silkies hatch, but I already culled the other one. Both of the other one's leg's were so badly splayed that it couldn't get up. I don't try to save any deformed one's because you shouldn't use them for future breeding anyway's. The living one has the right count of the toe's that it should have, and it all looked good on it.

Edit: I have another chick that was hatching from the small end of the egg. I had to help it out, and I put it aside in a container inside of the incubator to see how it does. It hatch from my blue CCLB egg, but has a naked neck.

EDEB747A-D268-432A-8091-F46569A2C78D.jpeg
The first chick just hatched!!! The olive egger that pipped first this morning. So from pip to hatch about 12-14 hours. I took a time lapse of the hatch from zip to hatch but not sure how to upload it. Here’s a picture. It’s really active and chirping up a storm. We were supposed to be at a party 1 1/2 hours ago LOL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 7
View attachment 1704235 The first chick just hatched!!! The olive egger that pipped first this morning. So from pip to hatch about 12-14 hours. I took a time lapse of the hatch from zip to hatch but not sure how to upload it. Here’s a picture. It’s really active and chirping up a storm. We were supposed to be at a party 1 1/2 hours ago LOL
Congrats on your first hatchling!! :jumpy:celebrate:ya:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom