March Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Haven’t been around since been busy at work, lockdown was Wednesday. Today is day 22 will see if the rest of the eggs had hatched. Not going to find out until This afternoon since I’ll be working. Yesterday day 21, 7 had hatched out of 15 & 4 more had pipped. Two ice cream bars and 5 Black Copper Marans are all drying up good. Hopefully I can post some pics since I had to assist-hatch 2 of the Marans. Pics was not clear due to humidity with few hatching and glare of the lights.
4DCAF16A-A0EB-4343-A15C-36F64B72FF91.jpeg

B3D2E211-52AF-4888-9A50-17AA5F027450.jpeg

Haven’t been around since been busy at work, lockdown was Wednesday. Today is day 22 will see if the rest of the eggs had hatched. Not going to find out until This afternoon since I’ll be working. Yesterday day 21, 7 had hatched out of 15 & 4 more had pipped. Two ice cream bars and 5 Black Copper Marans are all drying up good. Hopefully I can post some pics since I had to assist-hatch 2 of the Marans. Pics was not clear due to humidity with few hatching and glare of the lights.
View attachment 1703384

View attachment 1703389
YAY!!!! Congrats!!! I can’t wait to see what the Ice cream bars look like, never heard of them before

BD3794E3-FC09-4006-BF9B-5C41A6C8FA6C.jpeg
WE HAVE A PIP!!!! And when I talked to it it rocked a little and I could hear it peeping back at me. I was super concerned because my air cells were small on day 18 candle. It looks like she pipped below the line so hopefully the air cell grew over the last few days. Today is still officially day 19 until about noon - 1:00 today. Not out of the woods yet but at least there is hope. This is an olive egger.:celebrate:celebrate

So cool can’t wait to see chicks!

Well everyone says don’t candle until day 7. I haven’t missed a day yet. Day 7 is finally here and it didn’t make things more clear for me. I think day 2 was easier to see. I could definitely see more on day 6. The exception is my two white eggs. I could see the dark eye :).

I have afor sure blood ring but I’m going to double check on that one before I leave tomorrow for a weeks vacation . There is still some veins.

Then I have this one. In my notes I wrote that I saw some veins day 4 ... There isn’t anything to see so I guess I will say it’s ok since there isn’t a ring.
9E1F08F3-EB67-4B37-813B-9F9EBB9A3E35.jpeg

The next one below there is a free moment of the light circle. It moves when I slightly turn it. I have no clue what that means? I was careful with it.

DEDA4E38-5FFC-4F9D-8AB6-9BE011D572B5.jpeg

This one below I saw embryo but there is a darkness on one side of the shell. Not sure what’s going on there.

3829C59A-AD2F-43C8-BB7C-74BD4CB505D3.jpeg

So cool can’t wait to see chicks!

Well everyone says don’t candle until day 7. I haven’t missed a day yet. Day 7 is finally here and it didn’t make things more clear for me. I think day 2 was easier to see. I could definitely see more on day 6. The exception is my two white eggs. I could see the dark eye :).

I have afor sure blood ring but I’m going to double check on that one before I leave tomorrow for a weeks vacation . There is still some veins.

Then I have this one. In my notes I wrote that I saw some veins day 4 ... There isn’t anything to see so I guess I will say it’s ok since there isn’t a ring.
View attachment 1703506

The next one below there is a free moment of the light circle. It moves when I slightly turn it. I have no clue what that means? I was careful with it.

View attachment 1703512

This one below I saw embryo but there is a darkness on one side of the shell. Not sure what’s going on there.

View attachment 1703524
I’m seeing veins in all that you posted. I’d keep them all until you can candle them again when you get back for a more definite answer :)

View attachment 1703468 View attachment 1703463 Two more pipped while I was downstairs making coffee and feeding my animals!!!! I can hear peeping!!! The first picture my cream legbar looks like it pipped below the air cell or maybe the air cell grew over the last few days???
Yay for all the pips! :jumpy:celebrate:jumpy
They typically pip on the bottom edge of the air cell, so it could’ve grown a bit.

Congratulations on ducklings, chicks, and pips.
I can finally join the celebration as I awoke to four d'uccles and 1 sultan in the incubator and a little later, another d'uccle hatched. I have six eggs left and there are at least two sultans pipping right now, so hopefully more chicks soon. This means I can also put some more eggs in the incubator with more room;)

One thing a little disappointing is that one of the d'uccles seems to have slightly splayed legs. We had this problem with three of them last year and they never got rid of it. I taped this chick's legs but it kept falling over so I cut off the tape. I might just have to work with it to fix the legs, but other than that, I've had good luck so far.
Here are some pictures of them:
DSC_0047.JPG
DSC_0042.JPG

Back
Top Bottom