March Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Tatuana --
It looks like a blood ring. Embryo has died and all the blood is pooling, thus it does a straight line where it settles ("Flatline" I like to call it.)

It happens sometimes. Not every eggs evolves to chickdom.

Just one chick here so far, the second one is still working on it. This is a male ICB (Isbar x Cream Legbar)

Attachments

• B56979D6-5187-4CA1-9791-4DBA763AB244.jpeg
    B56979D6-5187-4CA1-9791-4DBA763AB244.jpeg
    523.8 KB · Views: 10
Had to assist the second ICB hatch. No obvious pips or movement from the other eggs. Should I be worried about them? Today is day 22.
If you candle them, are they still alive? I wouldn't want to open the incubator too much, but you want to know if at least a few are alive.
Other than that, I would simply wait. Some chicks take several more days to hatch. It's best to give them a little more time just in case. Hopefully they'll start hatching soon.:fl

Had to assist the second ICB hatch. No obvious pips or movement from the other eggs. Should I be worried about them? Today is day 22.
i'll wait for someone with more experience to chime in, I just wanted to say good luck with the rest of your hatch. It must be soooo hard to be patient especially when you go over the 21 day mark.

Im on day 15 of my incubation. Brinsea says 7 days left on the top. The last time I candled, about a week ago, I had no idea what I was doing and thought all of my eggs weren't viable. I was only looking for veining and couldn't see any at all. Most of my eggs are either dark brown, green or blue with only one pinkish egg. I think not knowing what I was doing, rushing through it, and not having a proper candler all added up to me thinking I had nothing developing. So Ive looks at a million pictures and videos on candling and Im going to try again tonight. :fl:fl:fl I so hope some are developing. I will try to video the process in case i need help deciding if any are alive. After I initially thought all the eggs not viable I went and placed an order for 16 chicks due to arrive around the same time as my expected hatch. So if I do hatch out chicks they will all be within several days old of each other. Going to candle now...wish me luck:idunno Im worried that none are developing...

Back
Top Bottom