March Hatch-A-Long

Pics
My broody isn’t brooding really well now so I’ve lost hope for those 7 eggs.

Now my thermometers are all giving me different read outs when they were pretty in sync before. I have the incubator set at 39c because they were all reading a tad bit too low earlier now ...

one taped to the top inside says 96.8 humidity 29%
Middle left says 97.7 humidity 29%
Middle right says 99.8 humidity 28%
Right says 101.3 humidity 26%

I’m going to the store tomorrow to buy another two that I can test.

I did check the humidity with the salt test with two they were the same and I think they were the top two numbers.

Ok, I candled. I think I need a better flashlight or I simply don't know what Im doing. I did make a horrible and boring video so if you want to take a look and give me your opinion I'm open to it but totally understand if you don't because its 17 minutes of your life you won't get back, watching me mumble and stumble around not knowing what Im doing:barnie
I have good air cell in all but one (swedish flower) Not sure if the air cells are the correct size though. I think I might order one of those candlers online for when I check at day 18. Also do you think I should take the swedish flower egg out? I left it and if it still looks the same on day 18 Ill throw it away.

So I had good air cells but the rest of the egg was just almost solid dark. On a couple you could see small areas that weren't quite as dark and I maybe, just maybe saw a little shadow moving on a couple.
If you do watch, sorry its so boring, dark and a big 'ole mess. At least you can see the air cells..does an air cell indicate that it is viable? or do all eggs have an air cell?
Thanks all! This is a little frustrating:he

Ok, I candled. I think I need a better flashlight or I simply don't know what Im doing. I did make a horrible and boring video so if you want to take a look and give me your opinion I'm open to it but totally understand if you don't because its 17 minutes of your life you won't get back, watching me mumble and stumble around not knowing what Im doing:barnie
I have good air cell in all but one (swedish flower) Not sure if the air cells are the correct size though. I think I might order one of those candlers online for when I check at day 18. Also do you think I should take the swedish flower egg out? I left it and if it still looks the same on day 18 Ill throw it away.

So I had good air cells but the rest of the egg was just almost solid dark. On a couple you could see small areas that weren't quite as dark and I maybe, just maybe saw a little shadow moving on a couple.
If you do watch, sorry its so boring, dark and a big 'ole mess. At least you can see the air cells..does an air cell indicate that it is viable? or do all eggs have an air cell?
I, for one, am SO excited for you!!!

It seems like most of the eggs are right where it should be almost filled up w/ dark area except the air sac portion, the one that are almost totally clear I will discard, there is a chance it will explode and mess up the rest or make a big mess in your incubator.
Thank you...yes I was thinking the swedish flower is infertile. Should I wait until day 18 to throw away or is it ok to open the incubator again to toss it?

Newbu question: Usually, how long does the actual process of hatching take? I suppose I could go crack a book, but this is more fun!

Could be couple of hours to couple of days from the time it pipped, if that is your question. But the total process of incubation and hatching is from 20 to 22 days on average, some hatch early some later if there is variance on temp and humidity.

Looking good :thumbsup
As mentioned, the Swedish isn’t developing and can be pulled and tossed. At this stage, you aren’t going to see veining...that was last week, so your flashlight is fine ;) It took a few hatches for me to be able to make anything out in darker eggs. Once you know what to look for, it’s a lot simpler.

Back
Top Bottom