March Hatch-A-Long

Pics
My slacker chicks are finally hatching. Got three so far. I’ll take pics when they’re fluffed and out of the bator, but I am thrilled with their adorableness. They’re EEs and I have two blue and a black so far. The dry one has a beard and feathered legs! :love
Ducklings are good. Ended up with a total of four - which is pretty good for a test run and trying new things :rolleyes:
One white, two black and whites, and a mystery baby who I want to keep just out of curiosity :gig
1590BEEA-3AD3-4FB3-A7AC-6AC1CA330A33.jpeg

I want to hatch more eggs! Trying to resist!

I am jealous of you Americans, being able to go out and pick up chicks from shops. I don't have much choice but to have eggs shipped. How about some ayam cemani or some button quail :D

1 weekish for my eggs to hatch

Where are you from? No feed store that sells young poultry in your area? Maybe you should open a store then?

Is anyone here hatching in the easter hatch a long? I was going to set eggs this past week but the weather was bad so I decided to wait, so I have decided to just do the easter hatch. Just wondering if I will see any of y'all over there?

I'll be hatching chicken eggs for the HAL. See you there!

@Merrymouse what kind did you order? How much and where from?
I’d been contemplating of getting one of those heat plate for few yrs now but I enjoy seeing the chicks out instead of under a warming plate, maybe I can invent a see thru or transparent one that shape like a mother hen. :old

They don't stay under there all the time. They'll come out and explore and spend less and less time under there.

Happy to announced that all my eggs had hatched (12 chicks-10 Black Copper Marans & 2 IC Bars) day 22 yesterday, except the 3 that I couldn’t candle, still in the incubator at friend’s house(friends 13 eggs only 3 hatched). So I’m pretty excited with the outcome.

They are all healthy and robust, even the 2 that I had to assist hatching since the membrane got dried out and stucked to the chicks (semi-shrink wrapped) I had to damp them with warm moist paper towel to loosen and freed. The 2 ice cream bars all hatched very relieved since theyre my rare ones. View attachment 1704649View attachment 1704651
Congratulations! What is your water set up?

Back
Top Bottom