March Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I’m still trying to get a good picture, but pullet chick hides under the cockerel when she’s scared. They are 7/8 days old, and due to her crappy start he’s about twice the size. She seems to be doing well now.

Attachments

• 9F317224-2B9F-4C66-98EF-2BF5DAB4A2E7.jpeg
    9F317224-2B9F-4C66-98EF-2BF5DAB4A2E7.jpeg
    538.4 KB · Views: 5
I have set 48 eggs on the 12th of march. 2 araucana x campine crosses, 3 maran x campine crosses, 13 golden campine eggs and 22 silver campine eggs from a fellow breeder and 8 of my own campines. I have golden, lemon and silver campines roaming free together so no idea what colors are goung to be hatching from them.

On day 5 candling i was 100% sure of 28 of the eggs developing, i will candle again today at day 7 and hopefully it will be more now.

I have had 100% hatch rates of my own eggs in all my hatches untill now, but don’t have so much good experience with eggs that i bought or got from other breeders, so i hope this will be a good hatch despite only 8 being my own eggs, plus the 3 marans are my own too. Pretty hard to candle those ones tough...

I should be expecting the peeps on the 1st of april, fools day.

Set 41 eggs yesterday. Been about 2 years since I have hatched any out. Bought my first egg turner, so I hope it works well. I have a mixed flock, so they will be barnyard specials. My rooster is a Rhode Island Red and my hens are barred rocks, silver laced wyandottes, white rocks, and cinnamon queens. Hope I get a decent hatch rate. Figuring on the first week of April.

Set 41 eggs yesterday. Been about 2 years since I have hatched any out. Bought my first egg turner, so I hope it works well. I have a mixed flock, so they will be barnyard specials. My rooster is a Rhode Island Red and my hens are barred rocks, silver laced wyandottes, white rocks, and cinnamon queens. Hope I get a decent hatch rate. Figuring on the first week of April.
Any off spring from your RIR rooster and barred rock hens will be black sex link. The roosters will have yellow dot on their heads and hens will be solid black at hatch. I only know this because I do this cross myself. Good luck.

My avatar is a black sex link hen.

Back
Top Bottom