I do have bantam Cochins and they are beyond cute. Look at those feet! 🥺

View attachment 2098135
OMG so adorable!!! Love it :love what colors did you get? I have the Birchen ones plus Brabanters. :D

Figured I might as well bring a little joy to the thread hah
A86DBB8A-BE2E-4E45-A6FB-16D52597007C.jpeg 4C097040-4A51-4BE4-8EAA-A01245A30EF9.jpeg 3B130453-84D5-4B64-9860-EA07E9C95C17.jpeg DC3EF6FE-8F07-4D98-BD4D-41C517EA8E75.jpeg 650BFC68-E2C3-43CF-BC04-E9140F9319D4.jpeg 3F5A46CF-CC43-446A-AF62-A22157D35285.jpeg 1D58A3EE-A585-407E-8362-CC3CB00E5DC9.jpeg

They are precious little fluff balls K :love

I love the birchen color. They will be gorgeous! Mine are golden laced and barred.

They are precious little fluff balls K :love

I love the birchen color. They will be gorgeous! Mine are golden laced and barred.
Thank you!! I think so too!! :love they definitely brighten my day!! :love especially now with everything going on with Red.

And I hope so!! I love the color too and knew right away I wanted it :love

I bet yours will be gorgeous too!! :love

I love laced birds. Always wanted some haha

Thank you Valerie! Definitely very sad. I hate seeing him like this. :( especially when just a couple weeks ago he was mating everything in sight and crowing and being his usual rambunctious self. :(

And yeah, it’s stupid. I had thought the mixed vaccine (you have to mix/prepare it before using) didn’t last that long but the vial itself lasted longer? I don’t know though. Either way, I will not be vaccinating 1,000 chicks anytime soon so it’s stupid. But I was hoping to be able to hatch Jack or Red’s babies. :(

I’m sad too. I hatched him myself and have gotten quite attached. :(

I am hoping it’s negative too but at the same time not because then I’ll feel like I killed him for nothing as stupid as that sounds. :(
Oh no. You can't think that way. We are all doing the best we can with these fragile little creatures. Remember that he would not even still be here if it weren't for you. You have been a wonderful "mom". :hugs

Oh no. You can't think that way. We are all doing the best we can with these fragile little creatures. Remember that he would not even still be here if it weren't for you. You have been a wonderful "mom". :hugs
Thank you, I really appreciate that. I hope I have been but still. It’s hard because he still seems so full of life in some ways so I hate to just kill him. Feel like I’m betraying him or murdering him or something. :( but at the same time, I know he has to be miserable not being able to walk and I’m sure in pain but it’s still hard having hatched him myself. I should have just stuck to ordering females. :(

I should add I know how absolutely ridiculous and absurd and crazy that sounds but that’s how I feel. I don’t know why.

I guess it’s like when our yellow Lab years ago was super old and his body was breaking down but his mind was still young and puppy like and wanted to keep chasing tennis balls forever. His body wouldn’t let him though and we had to put him down. I felt awful then and I feel awful now. 😭

I’m really quite sick about the whole thing. I wasn’t really before but it’s starting to sink in now I think and I’m on the verge of tears right now. Trying to hold them back though.

My brother offered to bring his gun over and shoot him for me but I really think I would rather do it myself. And plus I don’t know if they need the head for the test or not.

I just really feel quite awful about the whole thing.

I raised this tiny little fluff ball. I watched him hatch. I watched him grow into a gorgeous young cockerel. I had hoped to hatch his babies. Hell, I even candled his egg and talked to him and his siblings the whole 21 days before he hatched. I was constantly talking to the eggs like a crazy person. 😂🤣 maybe that’s why he’s not that scared of me and lets me hold and pet him despite me not handing him much. Or maybe he knows. Maybe he can’t run away like he used to. But I like to think it’s because he kind of likes me.

I just feel horrible about killing such a trusting, loving, sweet, handsome boy. 😭

I know it’s probably for the best. I know he’s probably suffering. That he probably won’t get better. That I should end his suffering.

But it still hurts.

Especially because I won’t even get to use his meat since I have to send him in. He is going to die for nothing. :(

And I know what some of you are probably thinking. That I’m a wimp or too emotional or not cut out for farming/chicken owning. That I’m being absurdly ridiculous or that I should have thought of it before I hatched or shouldn’t have gotten attached. And yeah, you’re probably right. That’s all probably true. But never in a million years did I ever think something like this would happen. Especially since they’ve all been perfectly healthy for so long. And I do get attached. It’s what I do. Maybe wrong but I can’t help it. So it just sucks. :(

I just lost my favorite betta fish a few days ago too so it really has not been a great week for me. :(

Anyway, sorry for the massive novel and the negativity. I guess I just needed to vent a little bit. :oops:

I’m trying to be positive but it’s not very easy right now.

I should add I know how absolutely ridiculous and absurd and crazy that sounds but that’s how I feel. I don’t know why.

I guess it’s like when our yellow Lab years ago was super old and his body was breaking down but his mind was still young and puppy like and wanted to keep chasing tennis balls forever. His body wouldn’t let him though and we had to put him down. I felt awful then and I feel awful now. 😭

I’m really quite sick about the whole thing. I wasn’t really before but it’s starting to sink in now I think and I’m on the verge of tears right now. Trying to hold them back though.

My brother offered to bring his gun over and shoot him for me but I really think I would rather do it myself. And plus I don’t know if they need the head for the test or not.

I just really feel quite awful about the whole thing.

I raised this tiny little fluff ball. I watched him hatch. I watched him grow into a gorgeous young cockerel. I had hoped to hatch his babies. Hell, I even candled his egg and talked to him and his siblings the whole 21 days before he hatched. I was constantly talking to the eggs like a crazy person. 😂🤣 maybe that’s why he’s not that scared of me and lets me hold and pet him despite me not handing him much. Or maybe he knows. Maybe he can’t run away like he used to. But I like to think it’s because he kind of likes me.

I just feel horrible about killing such a trusting, loving, sweet, handsome boy. 😭

I know it’s probably for the best. I know he’s probably suffering. That he probably won’t get better. That I should end his suffering.

But it still hurts.

Especially because I won’t even get to use his meat since I have to send him in. He is going to die for nothing. :(

And I know what some of you are probably thinking. That I’m a wimp or too emotional or not cut out for farming/chicken owning. That I’m being absurdly ridiculous or that I should have thought of it before I hatched or shouldn’t have gotten attached. And yeah, you’re probably right. That’s all probably true. But never in a million years did I ever think something like this would happen. Especially since they’ve all been perfectly healthy for so long. And I do get attached. It’s what I do. Maybe wrong but I can’t help it. So it just sucks. :(

I just lost my favorite betta fish a few days ago too so it really has not been a great week for me. :(

Anyway, sorry for the massive novel and the negativity. I guess I just needed to vent a little bit. :oops:

I’m trying to be positive but it’s not very easy right now.
:hugs
Let your brother help you.
It should be ok to send him for a necropsy that way.
Ask tomorrow when you call.

Back
Top Bottom