May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

20 chicks!!! There are still 7 not hatched and two are trying to right now
wee.gif
I can't believe it!! I'm a pretty happy mama right now! lol 19 are out of the incubator and are warm and cozy in their new pad.One just hatched a few minutes ago. I have learned so much from this hatch and this thread! Thank you all so much :) Patience!!

Here are a few pictures :)

wee.gif
I can't believe it!! I'm a pretty happy mama right now! lol 19 are out of the incubator and are warm and cozy in their new pad.One just hatched a few minutes ago. I have learned so much from this hatch and this thread! Thank you all so much :) Patience!!

Those are some mighty fine looking fuzzy butts you got there!!!!!

wee.gif
I can't believe it!! I'm a pretty happy mama right now! lol 19 are out of the incubator and are warm and cozy in their new pad.One just hatched a few minutes ago. I have learned so much from this hatch and this thread! Thank you all so much :) Patience!! Here are a few pictures :)
Congrats! Those are great looking chicks!

So tomorrow will be the one week mark for my eggs and I am going to candle them all to figure out if they are developing. I have only ever checked one egg and tomorrow I will be doing the whole batch (10). What are the best ways to go about doing this without disturbig the broody hen too much? I will also be marking them with sharpie and possibly taking pics so i figure about 5 minutes per egg maybe. If anyone could tell me how they do it, or just give any advice in gneneral that would be great! Thanks!

My bator is back to a steady 100... I candled and so far my 3 silkie eggs show some development. The other eggs are so dark it's hard to tell. I just leave them in the turner and shine the light thru. Works for me. That way I don't risk detaching the veins.

wee.gif

That picture of the three chicks, the third one down is one of the best pics I have seen.
Not sure what it is, but I love that shot!
Jim

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I got home tonight and just checked on the bator...

The temp went up to 108!!!!!!! I read further back that day 3 it would rise a bit but...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took the lid off to let it cool down. So now what do I do???

HELP!!!!!!!!!!
108 are your sure ? do you have a digi that reads peak temp? that is extreme i hope that is not a true reading

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom