MEGASTORM prep

Songster
7 Years
Jun 6, 2012
Anyone worried about MEGASTORM next week?
I have a back-up generator for the brooder and 'bator just in case.
Not that I put a lot of faith in weather predictions. I have shoveled 8 inches of 20% way too many times.

yeah, there is a forecast for a big SUPER storm in NE and the Mid-Atlantic S/M/T.

We never watch the news unless someone calls the house, hysterically screaming at us to turn it on - so I wasn't aware of it. I don't live anywhere near those areas, but I will be praying for those who do! Be well and be safe.
smile.png

NASHVILLE, Tenn.- The Nashville Electric Service has already planned to send crews north to help restore power in areas expected to be affected by next week's " Frankenstorm".
The monster storm is expected to batter the east coast early next week. Hundreds of miles of steady, strong and damaging winds and rain will hit the entire Eastern region for several days. The hurricane has killed at least 20 people in the Caribbean, and just left the Bahamas. It is expected to move north, just off the Eastern Seaboard.
Crews from NES plan to be on hand to assist local crews in Baltimore to speed up the response and recovery process after the storm. NES also sent eight contract tree trimming crews to help with power restoration efforts in Connecticut and Massachusetts.

Last edited:
This storm is around 900 miles wide
ep.gif
. Anyone with incubators running in the area should probably be prepared. I think you can buy those hand warmers to put in them. You won't have a fan, but you can still use it as a still air. 101* at top of eggs. If you have 72 hour pads they will stay a 100* for that long.
Good luck to all. I'm in Ohio and we will be getting the effects. We have high winds and rain now. My birds are not happy. Keeping you all in the prayers

in Louisiana. we have generators to help with that and tarps over runs at all times so we don't have to do anything last min except make sure the generator has gas. i don't know much about that storm though but it must be bad :(

Back
Top Bottom