Men - I gotta question.....

Muffin tops are more attractive to men then a stick women. I was a tomboy my life and was heard all that guy talk. Lol. A girl who actually eats and is willing to do work and get dirty. A guy who just sees how you look and not anything else usually is a jerk anyway.

Quote:
I don't think we can generalize that. I know both types of men, and not all of them jerks like my ex, LOL. Some guys like really skinny women, some like them to have "a little extra" and some don't have a preference. And for the record, when I was stick skinny I ate PLENTY. I just had it in my genes or whatever. It wasn't until I had thyroid surgery that I started to gain weight more easily. I've also never been afraid of hard work. I just hate to see skinny women being labeled as women who don't eat or work. Now that I'm somewhat skinny again I both eat and work very hard and get plenty dirty.

Last edited:
What I really hate are men that get mad because a women can out work them. In my former job I would out work the men and they would become wining babies. Thank goodness my DH just uses me.
WAIT WHAT? Oh now I know why he loves me.
gig.gif

Men consider their wives their property in a unique way and certain attributes garner a uniqueness to their wife and those things are sacred to a man and considered beauty in the eye of the beholder... whatever that may be.

Quote:
I don't think we can generalize that. I know both types of men, and not all of them jerks like my ex, LOL. Some guys like really skinny women, some like them to have "a little extra" and some don't have a preference. And for the record, when I was stick skinny I ate PLENTY. I just had it in my genes or whatever. It wasn't until I had thyroid surgery that I started to gain weight more easily. I've also never been afraid of hard work. I just hate to see skinny women being labeled as women who don't eat or work. Now that I'm somewhat skinny again I both eat and work very hard and get plenty dirty.

I equally hate overweight women being labeled as lazy. We all have a set point with weight. I am thankful for the men out there that appreciate ALL women. No matter their body size. We are not what we weigh, we are what our heart says we are.

Quote:
not all men consider women their property. just backwards men

there are many backwards men of course.

Quote:

yes, unfortunately, and many women in domestic violence shelters because of it.

I think it's cute the OP's husband loves her body like that.

My DL is like that. He loves that I've gained a little weight. I use to be super skinny. I am not fat but I am curvier, and he loves it. Sometimes he tries to get me to eat more. I tell him he wants me fat and he says he just wants me happy and he hates it when i stare longingly at chocolate and deny myself. He thinks I should get what ever I want. I tell him to quit spoiling me before it makes me lazy and selfish. Its sweet.

Quote:

oops duplicate post

Last edited:
Thankfully, not all men or women consider their spouses to be their property. Which is why my husband and I aren't too fond of calling each other "husband and wife", as the terms make us think of obligation, and we are together by choice. My husband tends to care mostly about humor, intelligence, and a general sense of 'realness' in women. Doesn't matter if you have acne or a plain face, if you can keep up with him in conversation and seem grounded, he is way more likely to find you attractive. I am the same way, only with men. He always jokes that he should be concerned about his looks given my taste in guys (I like people who look real and interesting, John Cusack as opposed to Brad Pitt). Then there was the time he wanted to build muscle. I said that was totally fine if he was doing it for health, but he learned that I don't find anything beyond muscles you get from an active lifestyle attractive. That pop-up six packs actually turn me off. So yes, beauty is very subjective in men and women, and more so among people who seek out what they actually like rather than internalize what they are supposed to like.

Back
Top Bottom