MGG's Hatching Thread!

Pics
It had a weird lump on its head, @CluckNDoodle . What is it??? It doesn't look like the swelled hatching muscle that I usually see.
Disclaimer : Dead chick pics, do not open if you don't want to see a dead chick.
20210413_130149.jpg
20210413_130152.jpg
20210413_130158.jpg
20210413_130152.jpg
The yolk also was dark-ish. Bacteria, or something else?
Poor baby.

My last egg died. 😭
It was my Lavender Ameraucana baby who was really malpositioned. It was so cute. It was alive half an hour ago, but when I just checked it was dead. I opened it up, it was definitely not ready yet. There was a lot of veining and yolk still. But guess what, severe crossbeak. 😔
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs

My last egg died. 😭
It was my Lavender Ameraucana baby who was really malpositioned. It was so cute. It was alive half an hour ago, but when I just checked it was dead. I opened it up, it was definitely not ready yet. There was a lot of veining and yolk still. But guess what, severe crossbeak. 😔
Oh no! Im so sorry.

My last egg died. 😭
There were a couple of eggs left in one of my batches and I decided I wouldn't wait any longer and once I opened his egg I realised he would never have pipped, bless him.
He's a Silver Laced (his grandma was a chocolate laced) Pekin Bantam, his name is Glitch :lol: He's the most darling boy and adores cuddles:love
I was trying to find a baby picture of him but couldn't find one.
IMG_2265.jpg

It had a weird lump on its head, @CluckNDoodle . What is it??? It doesn't look like the swelled hatching muscle that I usually see.
Disclaimer : Dead chick pics, do not open if you don't want to see a dead chick.
The yolk also was dark-ish. Bacteria, or something else?
Poor baby.
Poor creature :( Im so sorry for your loss, the lump you mentioned is normal and the yolk sac looks fine.

What are Arkansas blues?
The Arkansas Blue is an experimental breed developed at the University of Arkansas by Dr. R. Keith Bramwell. It is said to be a cross between a white Leghorn and an Araucana. It resembles a Sumatra hen and has a pea comb and yellow legs.

Although they are the offspring of the Araucanas, they don’t have their ear-tufts or muffs. All they have received from this side of lineage is the ability to lay blue eggs, and they do this efficiently. The Arkansas Blue chickens can lay about 250-350 eggs in a single year.(copied from the internet.)

Back
Top Bottom