Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

mutt are you still in Lansing? do you still have the eggs? I'm in Belding sounds like a very tempting opportunity. Have an apt. this AM not sure if I can make it early aft. but maybe eve. I have lots of broodys
I'm down in Lansing for the next 2 days, I brought two dozen Arkansas blue hatching eggs for someone who backed out at the last minute. Anyone who wants to come and pick them up is welcome to them.

Got home from teaching/running errands today to find 2 dead chicks in the brooder: one BLRW and one dominique. Everyone else still seems fine, so I'm just assuming shipping stress got the best of those 2. Crossing my fingers that everyone else stays healthy at this point.

I have found a buyer for ALL of my started pullets, AND they're taking the 2 ee cockerels as well :celebrate DH texted me this morning that if TSC had any dollar chicks left that I should buy them since raising clearance chicks and selling them seems to be a good way to cover the feed bill. :lau He's finally coming around to my way of thinking. (I think being able to kick them out into the coop after a week so we don't have to smell them helped tremendously also.)

For all of his complaining about how we have TOO MANY CHICKS he's quick to make sure that I'm not selling the chicks that *he* picked out. He ALSO sent me a screenshot today of that super-saturated BLRW pic that makes its way around facebook and pinterest and said, "these are pretty, we should get some." :gig He was happy to hear that we already have them.

IMG_3803.JPG
IMG_3804.JPG
IMG_3805.JPG
IMG_3806.JPG

Progress on the coop.

Looking great, RaZ! Pretty good considering that your one hand isn't 100%.
Wish we had the time when we moved to build our own instead of getting a shed kit from Lowe's. It's a piece of crap. But, was in a rush to get the coop built and move.... you know how that is.

Looking great, RaZ! Pretty good considering that your one hand isn't 100%.
Wish we had the time when we moved to build our own instead of getting a shed kit from Lowe's. It's a piece of crap. But, was in a rush to get the coop built and move.... you know how that is.
That's what I have right now for the birds. An old store bought POS that came with the house.
I robbed the windows for the new coop from the garage materials. I didn't want to wait to go to the habitat store. Besides, the coop can serve as a hunting blind with the windows right there. The wild turkeys come in to that area every day. ;)
I still have to seal the floor but it turned cold again. Next week is supposed to be really nice. I get the garage floor poured on Monday.

So progress. :clap

I've never had a cat that liked to have belly rubs. Dogs, yes, cats, no way
Hobbes, my erstwhile barn cat, just loves belly rubs.
Simple petting isn't good enough. He rolls on his back and splays out like road-kill. I can play his guts like a violin.

Back
Top Bottom