Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Not good.
You need a balanced diet, especially with your health issues.
Get some assistance.
Easier said than done. There hasn't been a pop-up food pantry in more than a month. There was one a few days ago but I had to work and it was about 40 miles away. Most of the food from the pop-ups aren't good for people with diabetes. It's mostly stuff that raises the glucose pretty high. Yet any food is good when that's all you can get. It's a good thing that I have chickens for the eggs. It does get tedious eating the same thing day after day.

But things are getting better. Right? :idunno :fl

Mine have gone the other way. I can take them on and off without unbuckling or un-zipping them. Ether I've shrunk or the pants have stretched.
Before my surgery I was that way and then I started eating because for awhile I was on a feeding tube and decided life was too short. I'll knock some weight off this winter, lol

Moving Day!

We built our coop on an old 4x8 trailer we found on the property with the plan to move it down by the garden in the spring, then up by the house in the fall. Today we moved it back up by the house.

A run full of fresh still-green grass for the chickens and a shorter walk for me. The new location has more wind, but should be a bit warmer. (I have felt the air temp drop as I walk downhill to the garden to close up the coop.) I plan to put some clear plastic/tarp around about 1/3 of the run: the SW corner, the west side, and NW corner. The east side is about 5 feet from the garage wall, so that forms a good windbreak.

The move went preeeeety well. We separated the coop from the run enclosure and moved the run on a trailer first. It snagged on a shrub and partly fell off the trailer. The air got a little blue around my mouth from what I said. Put it back, made it up the hill. Whew. Step one.

We pulled the coop up and I was very pleased with how that went. The longest part of the whole thing was reattaching the run enclosure to the coop. I can see us do a lot of things next spring to make this all go better.

The chickens were in the coop the whole time. They made some noise, but were fairly quiet, considering the coopquake they were experiencing. They even laid a couple eggs, which is what I have been getting nowadays. Bless their hearts.

I never made egg salad w SC only mayo. Tried a bit of both today for a snack....WINNER!! Keep the ideas coming. I’ve been eating poached eggs almost every day which i love w a piece of toast and a tomato.

@RaZ....could you get a neighbor to shop for some staples for you or a local church? I think I’ve read you’re in a pretty remote area so I’m just throwing out ideas. Or perhaps a co-worker?

On a side note...one of my ladies has a limp that is pretty pronounced today. I noticed her yesterday walking funny when I free ranged them and it is much worse today. Checked her foot for ulcers and there is nothing like that. I thought maybe it is in the leg or joint. Any thoughts on what I can do to give her some comfort? She is in the coop tonight and seems to be resting well and will keep an eye on her, but any advice would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom