Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Nice sunny day but the wind chill is keeping me indoors. I should go out and cut that wood. I just don't have the motivation at the moment.
At least I got firewood brought in yesterday.

Saw my cardiologist yesterday. Three of my valves show some leakage and the cow valve has a spot of calcium deposit. Nothing to worry about he said. Then he signed the paperwork so I can go back to work.
I turned the paperwork in and it just has to go through HR for approval. I could be back this week. I talked with my manager, she said that even though the schedule was set to the end of the year she would fit me in.

The goldfinches have returned. There are dozens flitting around the feeders. Along with all the other species that overwinter here. I could watch them all day.

If she's away from the flock for any amount of time, reintroducing her will be hard! Maybe use a heat plate, or that brooder plate out there.
Our bantams are fine all winter, and some of them roost in a drafty area, don't ask me why...
Pictures of your coop might help, if there could be problems with it.
Do you have multiple feeders and two waterers out there? Is she getting everything she needs to eat and drink?
Mary

Attachments

• coop.jpg
    coop.jpg
    743.8 KB · Views: 2
  • bob.jpg
    bob.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 2
What you guys recommend ordering ducklings and chicks from. Don’t think we are gonna do tsc this year
One big limiting factor for me is the minimum order number. Since I don't have room for 15, or 10, I needed a place that had a low minimum.

Another is whether or not they have the breeds you want.

A third consideration is how far away they are. If you can go pick them up, you won't have to worry about the birds being handled by the post office. I would probably never order from someplace too far away, just for that reason. So no California birds coming to live with me.

Good morning all. I'm awake early against my will. It's not even light yet. I hate insomnia.
I have 3" of fresh snow on the front porch. I actually measured it with a tape. It will probably melt by afternoon. Calling for mid-40s and rain today. So there is no sense in shoveling or plowing.

Anyone know what "push notifications" is about? A banner at the bottom of this page is asking if I want to enable it. It's something from BYC.

Later today the radio station is going to air nothing but Christmas songs. It will be that way until tomorrow night. I'm so sick of Christmas songs. I like X-mas about as much as I like lilacs. Anyway, Merry Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom