Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
We watch out for garage sales. Last year we got 3 nice double hung vinyl windows (with screens) for $5 each. They were slightly used, but the chickens didn't care. A coat of paint and they look new! Try someplace like Restore-the Habitat for Humanity store. They have all kinds of used and new building materials. There is one in Flint, I assume some other places, too.

Where is the place in Flint located? I am always on the look out for good deals.

Quote:
The ReStore is on S. Saginaw between Maple and Hill Rd. I think it is next to Palace Coney Island or right across from Genesee Cut Stone. Hope that helps. I miss the old "Goodie Barn" we used to have.

There's a Habitat For Humanity store on Grand River between Howell and Brighton. It's on the south side of the road between the Salvation Army store and Brighton Stone. They quite often have some great deals.

Hey Wylie,

You made the paper with Rachel.
smile.png

http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20100513/NEWS01/5130311/Kids+make+agriculture+connection+(with+photo+gallery)

Bluemoon

Quote:
We watch out for garage sales. Last year we got 3 nice double hung vinyl windows (with screens) for $5 each. They were slightly used, but the chickens didn't care. A coat of paint and they look new! Try someplace like Restore-the Habitat for Humanity store. They have all kinds of used and new building materials. There is one in Flint, I assume some other places, too.

We have gone to that store and it is awesome. I remember seeing windows last time I was there. Best place to go, IMO!

Tiffini

What an awful morning and it is all my fault. After locking in the chickens and turkeys last night on my way back to the house I thought to myself, did I see Daisy in the coop? I convinced myself I did. This morning after letting them all out no Daisy. Well I thought I hope she was ok on her nest all night. Till I walked out there to see feathers over the ditch, across the yard and in the garden to look behind me to see what was left of my turkey in the FIL back yard.
hit.gif
She was the sweetest turkey even little kids could pet her and she would call to me threw the windows and even sit on my lap. If I had only went back to the coop to double check. Now me and the kids are crying this morning and they don't want to go to school. I know we have preditors. If I would of went back to look. My 10 year old has swore he is gonna trap whatever got her.

At least we have some of her eggs in the incubator. Here is hoping we get a good hatch.

So sorry for your loss Brianna - and the others who posted yesterday -
Off to Horrocks to pick up our veggie plants - Don't know if anyone does this but a friend at work gave me some kale and the girls LOVE it - I ordered some organic seeds (1000) from e-bay for about 3.5 which included shipping - we're going to be the kale kingdom here in Dewitt! I'm planning to feed the girls parsley and cilantro also...any other suggestions?

We have a hen who is sitting on the perch this morning with one eye closed...noticed her last night, picked her up, no swelling that is noticable to me anyway, no drainage, no wheezing....when I went back out last night to try and take a picture she was out with the rest of the hens....any ideas? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom