Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Most of it was between the Tri-Cities and Grayling area. Not too much in the north.

The barn I board at is about 3 miles south of M-55. I'm about 14 miles south of M-55

It seems we got a lot of bands of snow to the south this year, leaving some of the northern areas that usually get it with less than the rest of us after quite a few storms. Hopefully these 40 degree days make short work of your snow. I heard something about possible snow showers this weekend down here, but didn't get all the details. Hopefully it's just flurries that won't stick. I'm enjoying my grass... even if it is brown and sitting atop 6 inches of mud and slop.
lol.png

Quote:
I like animals more than people, too.
lol.png
But that is not true in any sense of the word. I personally own a dog who will kill for fun in a heartbeat. She enjoys killing for sport more than anyone or any thing I have ever seen or met in my life. She is darn good at it and her particular technique is actually incredibly gruesome to boot. Domestic cats are known for playing with their prey for fun. I used to have one that would swing mice by the tail, hitting their head on the table leg to knock them out, lay them in the middle of the floor and then step back and wait. When they came to the game would start all over again. This would go one for so many rounds and then he'd quickly and methodically kill the mouse and walk away. He knew exactly what he was doing and every bit of it was for sport. And it is in no way shape or form limited to domestic animals -- foxes, for instance, are notorious for sport killing and can go through a free-range flock in a matter of minutes.

Many a witchy mare has been known for being extremely abusive to her herd. Chickens themselves can be brutally abusive to their flockmates, go read through the 'Managing Your Flock' forum and you will find hundreds of entries evidencing this.

The only thing humans have a corner on is the thinking capability to overanalyze their own -- and everyone else's -- behavior.
roll.png

I respectfully disagree that all of the instances you mentioned are animals killing for the fun of it. It may look that way to us humans, but I do not believe that's the process going on in the animal's mind. I DO however agree with your last statement, which is what we are doing here, so I'll leave it at that.
duc.gif

Today I begin my search for a gun so I can become a better chicken protector.
sickbyc.gif

Hello all!
Sorry I went "away". No good reason. Lots of Dr. visits, grandkid visits, etc...
I got a JOB!!!! 2 days a week and they know about my back problem! Whew! I was thinkin i was totally un-employable.

The girls (Edith and Maggie) did not give us any eggs in the last two days. I am gonna stop giving them treats.... (yeah, right)

Hope all is well with everyone. I will try to catch up on the posts soon!

Celia
2 (spoiled) Brahma hens and a (spoiled) Yorkie

Hey everyone. Everything is somewhat ok. Yes those were my animals and yes my facebook page was down. Neither Aric or I posted the CL ad but I've had to turn my fb page off now and then due to a family crisis.

Sorry for any concern. The animals are fine and spoiled as usual!
smile.png
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom