Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a vet in Croton area that I use, she hasnt had a need to see my chickens yet, just my goats...I will ask her if she sees chickens too, shes wonderful and SO helpful...and SO much cheaper than other options out there (believe me, I have looked around) She is listed as Oak Grove Vet Clinic. I found her because her hubby is good friends with my father in law. You can also head over to the Ravenna Auction house and meet some people there and ask about vets and feed. people come from all over to sell their goods there. I havent met a unhelpful person yet.
I hope this helps. feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Quote:
I got SIX eggs today! (which is a 1st)
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

2011-07-28_17-45-13_551.jpg

....it must be HUGE egg day all around! LOL check out this puppy. Can you say OUCH?!
2011-07-28_17-46-10_929.jpg

First of all
welcome-byc.gif
to all the new folks! I love this site!

Second Everyone can put their clothes back on and stop the rain dance!!
lol.png
The dogs freaked out and kept me up all night, the basement.. don't get me started and the chickens ar P.O.'d that I didn't let them run the yard as usual. (I keep telling them they can't swim
idunno.gif
. ) Road was closed this am made me late to work. But... the garden is happy, the lawn is greening as I watch an this weekend may prove fruitful for mushroom hunting
wee.gif

Third, my Delaware roo tthat I got from Laura at Chicken Stock is doing great! He is even become best friends with my (not supposed to be RIR roo) from TSC.

Quote:
prrreeeeetttty

They need a bath, filthy, but too stressed right now to do such a thing to them.

OPA, I stopped at a country Antique store and found some kewl stuff, something I think might be a trombone sprayer. It definately delivers a puff of wind in my face when I push the slide in. Small glass jar attached to put some powder into. I'll hafta take a picture and show you. They had others there of a larger size but I thought the small one was quite charming, $18.00

OOOOOO, so eggcited about my new birdies. Made them their own space in the kennel, gave them the three red drawers attached together for nest boxes, and their own waterer and drinker.

They have their own page on MyPage.

NO RAIN HERE!! Grass is still crunching, flowers drooping, DRY, DRY, DRY! Guess it is because all you rain dancers live down in south Michigan. I'll have to give it a whirl myself;)

Quote:
Merlin is SUCH a handsome boy! He is definitely young for a macaw, hopefully he has a long and healthy life! Sunnies have a very shrill voice, that is for dang sure
lol.png

I used to have a Sun Conure "Gambit", I LOVED him!!! I've had cockatiels for years before, during & after him- but he was my buddy!! Whenever I see one- I want one again...... but it wouldn't be Gambit...... and they are SOOOOO noisey!!!

He was always sitting on me (sometimes I ran away from him and he would freak out and fly all over chasing me) He would sleep curled up in my neck, clean my teeth (kinda gross I guess), sit on my chair back to eat dinner with me, sit on the shower bar if I was in there (or on my toes if I was taking a bath). I had to hide in the laundry room in the basement to talk on the phone cause he would flip out if anyone but him got attention. He also started throwing up on me (was told it was his way of letting me know if I laid eggs he would feed me by his vet)

He unfortunatly died when he was 4 yrs old, he got sick and even with what his vet (Dr Beasley in Williamston- GREAT vet!! He has seen my birds, rabbits & snake) sent home with us on differant visits ...... he didn't make it. I built a garden for him when he died, but since I was renting the place- I just painted him on a rock w/ his name, and took him to my mom's to bury him. I cried for months over that bird- everytime I was around someone's parrot or parrotish bird and it would do something Gambit used to do- I'd leave the room bawlin. I'm a bit teary eyed right now thinking about him- and it's been 9 yrs!!

I thought he would be around til I was at least 60...... course I have a 17-18 yr old cockatiel here still that I'm amazed is still kicking ........ very healthy bird.... and VERY pretty- he'll tell you all about it!!!

D'aww, Gambit sounds like he was such a sweetheart. That is unfortunate he only got to enjoy only four years with you. They are definitely special birds, unforgettable. Him regurgitating for you meant he was really bonded to you! Peaches does the same thing in the springtime when her hormones get her all flustered. We know she is a she because of DNA sexing, and the fact she laid an egg last year and was fiercely broody for a few weeks.

At least your cockatiel is going strong! That is one long lived 'teil! And I bet he is just as pretty as he tells everyone he is!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom