Not open for further replies.
Good morning eveyrone!

Nova, this is what is coming the week of April 30:

3 white Wyandottes
3 Welsummers
4 partridge silkes
3 Australorps
(all Bantams)

I am really looking forward to the end of April!! The rabbits will be sheared and outside playing all day so they'll be in fine spirits and then the babies will arrive.

I was born and raised in Holland. It makes me smile to see some of you heading to Zealand to look at cows. And Dexters are beautiful!! Aren't they also supposed to be very gentle?

Last edited:
Olive Hill Thanks Olive. Must have something to do with all the greens then. As far as the tree, well........ My DH came upon me throwing the thing at the ground, and he wanted to know what in the blazes i was doing. I was getting testy (It was one i didn't trust to eat) So i gave it to him. He winged it, sure it would do it.... nope. Then all his buddies had to check it out
roll.png
They got er done, but i will say the nasty neighbor is really lucky i was "out of eggs" ( It wouldn't really have been an anonymous egging, since i'm the only one around here with a blue-egger) !

Opa I would get rid of that rooster ASAP. My DH's aunt had a few that "mated" that way which she kept (I will never know why) And they killed off most her flock of meaties by their violence. Something's not right with him. Any other time i'd chime in for the roo, i love them, but it's not worth it. If you were closer i'd refer you to an acquaintance, they are sending another batch of that kind of roo to freezer camp.
hmm.png

Originally Posted by teeville5
I'm not saying this is your answer, but are they getting any granite in their diet?
Could be; they get their stones from all over, so who knows what they are putting in there.?

Jennifer3141 Did you hit up the coop section yet on BYC? there are tons of ideas. How big is your rabbit coop? I personally cheated and re-did a camper. Was cheap to buy. No one wants the older ones right now. The old bathroom is now a nice storage area for supplies with a door. Only works if you have good shade, though. Hot box otherwise. Having the windows and being able to walk in and clean without stooping is priceless
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Morning all,
Sunny and a nice 35 degrees here. Not sure what it was like at dawn since I slept until 10:30. Of course I didn't go to sleep until after 3:00. I think the sandman is POed at me or something.

At least the chickens were up and working, 2 eggs waiting when I went out to water and check on the Uggos. Even Gravy is back on track, 4 little green eggs in 7 days. I'd like to have another green/blue layer.

All the talk of new chicks is terrible; I keep looking at the hatchery websites and whatnot. I'm being good though and have not ordered anything.Although I did ask Wynette for 2 JGs and 2 BCMs for Chickenstock. And I'm still considering a few Mallards for spring. I might be pressing my luck with the neighbor but I've been thinking about how to keep them hidden with some selective plantings and landscaping.

Well, I better check with the Geeks and see if they recovered my data, I'm already a week behind on homework and can't afford to get any further behind if I want to graduate in April.

Hehe, I am working on socializing the chicks that I vent sexed as girls. I'd rather not get attached to the boys, for obvious reasons!

The ducklings are definitely a bit jumpy if I move too fast or they hear an odd noise. But they quickly settle down and go relax, and are alright with letting me gently pet them.

Beautiful sunny day, but the chickens won't walk in the snow, so they go from the covered run along a little path I swept over to the deck and stand under the deck. I felt so bad for them standing in the dark I thought if I swept a path they would come out. Oh well, it's supposed to get up in the 40's again, so this will all be gone soon.

A few of my EE's that were moulting are finally laying again, but I'm still only getting 5 or 6 eggs a day. Well, except the 8 I got Saturday and then back down to 5 yesterday. Already have 5 today and I hear the egg songs out in the coop, so should be more coming today.
yesss.gif

Funny e-mail I got and thought I'd give you all a chuckle.

Several days ago as I left a meeting at our church, I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down. I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets or purse. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.

Suddenly I realized, I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My husband, David, has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them.

His theory is that the car will be stolen. As I burst through the doors of the church, I came to a terrifying conclusion. His theory was right. The parking lot was empty.

I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen. Then I made the most difficult call of all. "Honey," I stammered. I always call him honey in times like these. "I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen. There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard David's voice. "Betty," he barked, "I dropped you off!" Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, could you come and get me?"

David retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this policeman I have not stolen your car!"

My rabbits are Angoras, Nova. They get shaved down once in the spring and once in the fall. That keeps the fluffy but not out of control. :)
And someday, I'm going to learn to spin.

I'm looking around at small barns locally and online. The camper is cute but this has to be fancy looking or DH won't want it on the property. I have to slowly acclimate him to farming so the goats and horses can start coming... And the pig. We need a pig!

I'm jealous of those of you ho have roosters. Although my next door neighbor has a couple of them and they don't crow so much as SCREAM. I was hoping he would eat the loud one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom