Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I scored a bunch of 4ft tall chainlink fencing off CL last night......think that would be high enough for meaties, or should we plan on putting a top on it too? Maybe just some of that cheapo deer fence for aerial predators? (and obviously an apron along the bottom for grabby-hands predators) What about for a pastured area for my current flock? I don't know if they could/would fly over it or not, and I'm too much of a nervous nellie to just let them roam about without the 4 of us kind of corraling them
hide.gif
We let them out 30min before they usually go in to roost the other night and 2 of them took off like it was a race! Everything I had read said they would hang out around the door for a few days, but once those 2 made a run for it, the rest were determined to follow! I'd feel a lot better if I knew they'd be confined to a 40x25ish area......

Last edited:
My meaties have flown 36" high (they aren't in anthing taller so I don't know if they could go 4') so I would put the deer netting over it just in case and then you wont have to worry about hawks. I have the deer netting over my meaties and it works very well, they don't even try to fly out unless it's pulled beck to change water/food.

I'm off to DD's doctor appointment in a car with no ac and it's an hour each way; wish me luck!

Last edited:
Quote:

My midwife always told me that three biggest causes of headaches were:

1.) Not enough water.
2.) Not enough iron.
3.) Not enough protein.

I get headaches often, and before I take an ibuprofen I first try drinking a large glass of water, taking a vitamin, and getting some protein, which can be as simple as a handful of peanuts. It almost always works, (provided it is "just" a headache and not a migraine, and provided it is not caused by lack of coffee...)

Make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water, it is very easy to get dehydrated in the heat.
For those with headaches, a cure is often gatorade. NOT powerade. My daughter has horrible migraines and it works for her.

Update on Baby Micah!
My sister-in-law went to her check up on Tuesday, and this is the doctor's report-
Micah is swollen, as he is retaining fluids and he is not doing well, and will die soon as he gets born.
Sister-in-law's body is getting ready for labor, and she is only 6 months along. He will be born soon, but don't know when. It could be now to a few weeks. I am so sad for all three of them.
sad.png
I'm so sorry :( I can't imagine losing a baby. My nephew died at 2 months old and that was horrible enough. My thoughts are with you and your family
hugs.gif

well, here's an update on why i've been MIA on here. Been battling the heat and then yesterday I came down with...well, we'll just say it was a very horrible flu bug....and was up all night. Just now being able to sit up and sip a little tea and eat some toast. My husband helped take care of the animals this morning and now I've been getting out there checking on them every hour or less. My daughters favorite rabbit is living in her room right now just to make 100% sure nothing happens to her.
My broody hen is in our basement in her cage...but yesterday I candled 3 of the 11 eggs she has under her and I think I should've moved her down there a lot sooner. :( Looks like they are all liquidy in there so I'm guessing they incubated too much. Going to gather up a few more eggs and switch them out.

STILL FOR SALE!

We have NEVER had a coop last this long, they are usually sold in less than a week! It must be the heat. Nevertheless, we have lowered the price to $375. We might even take some things in trade for part of the price.

Approximately 6x6. Metal roof for stability and tall enough to stand in.

Contact me here or call 517-663-8035

***before anyone says anything, yes it's vented. If you look at the top of the last pic between the roof and the wall you can see sun coming in. Plus when the front and back doors are open that allows air in as well!

That's a nice coop for sale! You can that coop then come buy my chickens! LOL

JUVENILES
I have 2mixed color Phoenix cockerel bantams
1 bantam silver Phoenix cockerel
3 bantam mottled Cochin cockerels
7 pairs of project ohikis
2 project ohiki cockerels
5 unsexed blue/blue mottled bantam Cochin 3week ols
2 unsexed bantam calico cochin 2 week olds

ADULTS
Bantam partridge/gray partridge showgirl pair BQ
Buff Silkie rooster BQ
Bantam mottled SQ Cochin pair
Bantam black/splash Cochin pair BQ

That's a nice coop for sale! You can that coop then come buy my chickens! LOL
JUVENILES
I have 2mixed color Phoenix cockerel bantams
1 bantam silver Phoenix cockerel
3 bantam mottled Cochin cockerels
7 pairs of project ohikis
2 project ohiki cockerels
5 unsexed blue/blue mottled bantam Cochin 3week ols
2 unsexed bantam calico cochin 2 week olds
ADULTS
Bantam partridge/gray partridge showgirl pair BQ
Buff Silkie rooster BQ
Bantam mottled SQ Cochin pair
Bantam black/splash Cochin pair BQ
ooooooo I'd LOVE a Phoenix!!! I wish you weren't so far away!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom