Microban flooring

Lotusbird

Hatching
Mar 6, 2024
I am new to BYC, please tell me if I am doing something wrong, or I am in the wrong place.
I currently have 3 hens, I am adding 4 more, I bought another coop to keep the pullets in so the other girls can see them and get used to them before they are introduced.
I bought an Ecoflex Fontana coop, seems ok for my purposes, but the flooring has cutouts in the corners, supposedly to make cleaning the floor easier to hose down and then letting the water drain out. I was thinking of buying some floor panels treated with microban to cover the holes, is that stuff safe for chickens?

I am new to BYC, please tell me if I am doing something wrong, or I am in the wrong place.
I currently have 3 hens, I am adding 4 more, I bought another coop to keep the pullets in so the other girls can see them and get used to them before they are introduced.
I bought an Ecoflex Fontana coop, seems ok for my purposes, but the flooring has cutouts in the corners, supposedly to make cleaning the floor easier to hose down and then letting the water drain out. I was thinking of buying some floor panels treated with microban to cover the holes, is that stuff safe for chickens?
I screwed down hardware cloth in the corners. And then also screwed down the floorboards on mine.

This coop was also placed inside of the run too.

IMG_3400.jpeg

I suggest you contact the manufacturers and ask them about it. They might be functional for the ventilation of the coop as well as its hygiene, and if so, covering them would be a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom