Milk Thistle?

aharriso

Chirping
11 Years
Dec 13, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I am curious about where folks get their Milk Thistle? I have a chicken that just got out of the vet and was prescribed Milk Thistle along with 3 other meds. As I am checking the prices at various online places I am seeing that I paid exorbitant amounts for the drugs from the vet office (4 to 5 times what the online prices are from Chewy or Ped Meds). For example, I was given Silymarin Milk Thistle - 15 tablets for $58. I found this on Amazon for $12.50 for 60 tablets. I know that you have to be careful with 3rd party vendors on meds - but I have to think there is a reputable site that doesn't charge $58 for 15 tablets. Does anyone have a recommendation of where you source your Milk Thistle tablets for chickens? Thank you.

yes that sounds quite expensive considering that the milk thistle plant is a invasive weed. if your chicken needs it for a long time you could grow it. I have grown it before it is pretty easy. just look up how but it is too late in the season to plant now if you do grow it watch out it could take over your lawn/garden

The varying prices are startling at first, but often depend on the parts of the milk thistle that are used to produce the drug and the exact percentage the product contains.

I am curious about where folks get their Milk Thistle? I have a chicken that just got out of the vet and was prescribed Milk Thistle along with 3 other meds. As I am checking the prices at various online places I am seeing that I paid exorbitant amounts for the drugs from the vet office (4 to 5 times what the online prices are from Chewy or Ped Meds). For example, I was given Silymarin Milk Thistle - 15 tablets for $58. I found this on Amazon for $12.50 for 60 tablets. I know that you have to be careful with 3rd party vendors on meds - but I have to think there is a reputable site that doesn't charge $58 for 15 tablets. Does anyone have a recommendation of where you source your Milk Thistle tablets for chickens? Thank you.
What strength did the vet recommend as I was going to open a capsule and mix with food

Back
Top Bottom