Milk truck into coop?

slurrywidow

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 17, 2010
Cottage Grove, Oregon
I have an old Carnation milk truck (I think a 1965) that I've been eyeballing, thinking of turning it into a fun coop. I know people have used old buses, trucks, u-haul trailers, etc and I love them!

I wonder about this milk truck though, being insulated enough to carry milk and ice-cream, would that work to my advantage or disadvantage? I think I have the ventilation issue solved. Right behind the drivers seat is a slide door and I was thinking I would just leave that open but put up wire so it will be good ventilation but the chickens can't get up into the actually driving area and possibly get hurt on something.

I still have other issues to solve such as how in the world I would retrieve eggs if the girls decide they don't want to use the nest boxes. It's not quite high enough for me to walk into and I think hunching over or wading through poop shavings would get very old. Fast!
tongue.png

Anyway I was hoping to see what others thought before I continue daydreaming about painting "and eggs" right under the Carnation Milk sign on the side of the truck!
big_smile.png

Thanks. (Sorry I'm on dial-up so not picture upload friendly. I know pics would make it easier to imagine.)

Back
Top Bottom