Mille Cochin Info

Thanks amy I was hoping it would be a little girl. The pullets look like the right colour but my cockerals came out with lots of white

I do not go by how much white they have as all mine look like Calico coloring to start with. All that white is really nice on the babies but my boys and girls get darker with age. They lose all the white and I get a lot of red or a lot of black. Still years away from balancing the pattern and keeping that type along with the loose feathering.
I can tell my boys from girls by the comb and before that if they have a line under the eyes or coming out from the middle of the eye.

Ok Amy is this the line at eye you are talking about? I would assume middle of the eye = boy since i am in need of girls--my luck.

Nosipho-yes new feathering is Oz, on back and top of wing---I really like the little blue--maybe you were meant to try for blue milles :)

Blarney, wow i like the darker coloring on your hens!

Mike-we have the same taste in birds so you know i love em

Nancy--If these are boys I REALLY need some "spice princesses"
yippiechickie.gif

Heather-sorry i dont have a CA connection for you

Amy- my camera I use is a Nikon. I have 4 other ones that I really don't care for but the pics are just as good from them. The only thing I hate about my Nikon is the big scratches I put in the lens dropping it. It doesn't show to well in photos though. I'm working on getting a new camera though. But I really do love taking pics. It works out great, 3 of my favorite hobbies, chickens, photography, and carpentry. I plan on doing something where I work with wood but as of right now I'm experimenting with things I like to do. But I get my cameras on black Friday when the are 80% off. I try to get a new one every year. I usually break them if I don't have multiple to use then I am cameraless. BUt I guess you all get the hint I love taking pics and then sharing them!!:D

Ok Amy is this the line at eye you are talking about? I would assume middle of the eye = boy since i am in need of girls--my luck. Nosipho-yes new feathering is Oz, on back and top of wing---I really like the little blue--maybe you were meant to try for blue milles :) Blarney, wow i like the darker coloring on your hens! Mike-we have the same taste in birds so you know i love em Nancy--If these are boys I REALLY need some "spice princesses" :yiipchick Heather-sorry i dont have a CA connection for you
I should check to see if Eli or Nigus had that line when they hatched. Going to go find the pics to see.

Back
Top Bottom