Mille Cochin Info

Very beautiful, and congrats for getting them out there in public! I can't see much of his tail in the pic, but he sure looks like he has great coloring!

I am taking my two MFBC(Mille Fluer Bantam Cochin) to the AG fair in October in St Johns county. I think I had one of their eggs hatch out under a Cockoo Cochin which was sold to me as a Cockoo Maran But her egg color wasn't right and when I told the person they told me that is the way Cockoos eggs are. We where just starting getting in to chicken.
I do have a few ?'s too if some one can answer it? First I have a Red LF cochin roo with a lot white and black on his feet , he is over 2 GL LF cochin Hens . Could they produce MFLFC(Mille Fluer Large Fowl Cochin)? Second I have a blue motted Bantam Cochin SQ hen i was thinking of puting under my MFBC Roo what color do you think I could get?

Hey everyone!
I don't get to get on here much but I thought I would come say hey for now and let you know I am still breeding MFC like mad! I have a lot of little babies running around and I am trying to breed the ones with the best type but also color.
I got another new roo that is supposed to have come from Bantyman's lines. Nice color on this boy so I am crossing to my darker girls in hope of bringing out the better pattern.
I have some excellent girls growing up with marvelous color and decent patterns so I am hoping I am gaining on a few of you. Still trying to get that perfect roo though! If i get good pattern and color themn he tends to have bad type and with really great tyupe I get no color. However, I adore this challenge and am loving having tons of chicks running all over the barnyard and pens. Who doesn't love bantam cochins? Everyone coming to the farm want to buy some so i can sell the surplus fairly easy. On occasion though i have had to eat a few. Such is the way my Keeper went. I still have Xavier and he is producing terrific but Keeper wasn't putting the color or type to his kids.
Xavier is also giving me plenty of girls that are going into the Calico Cochin breeding group. I have a hard time keeping people off those babies! At any age visitors love them.

Bye for now but know I am still enjoying this wonderful breeding project and as soon as I get back online at home themn I will show photos of my efforts.
frow.gif

Quote:
Thanx for the great update, Amy! Sounds like you really have your hands full. Hopefully you can post some pics for us to drool over! That perfect roo seems to keep eluding most of us - my search seems never ending, too.
Good to hear from you. ~Gail

Thank you--I think Albert is pretty handsome too.
smile.png
I don't think he has a wry tail.. but whatever.
idunno.gif

A wry tail is a tail that leans to one side or the other, it isn't carried upright.

Quote:
Hopefully someone with color experience will answer you here!
smile.png
I have no idea.. sorry
wink.png

I don't know anthing about the LF but it is my understanding that Black Mottled and maybe blue mottled are used to help the MFBC type. So maybe that will be a good match.

Quote:
It is nice to hear from you. I would like to get some of you stock to add to my project. I live near Tim Kerbo. I want some from his flock too.

Here are some picture updates of my Milles. They sure do change. My heavily chevroned pullet is really filling out and getting big. She maybe has too much black in her hackles now but I'm liking her type better. her buff sister is getting alot more chevrons. She is a very friendly sweetheart. The Roo is getting even wider! Still has alot of red but maybe he will make some calico chicks. You really can't cull early. It is a long (but interesting) wait. My pullets 2 months ago -
63162_chickens_007.jpg
Pullets one month ago -
63162_dscn3171.jpg
Pullets today -
63162_dscn3197.jpg
Rooster 1 month ago -
63162_dscn3150.jpg
Rooster today -
63162_dscn3199.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom