Miss buffy brings chicks in from the rain,,, pics of kitchen chicks

that is ssooooo cute. I have heard of kitchen ducks but never chickens! I wish mine were that sweet! Is that what they call a buff orphington?

a buffy is a buff orphgington,, from england, a large, golden bird that is supposed to be calm and easy to handle.
they should 50%, go broody and be easy to put chicks/eggs under.
my girl is two and this is her first group of e bay eggs... she has done very well by them and is easy to handle, carry, no peck, not fussy, great kitchen chicken.
I like buffys, and gold stars and gold comets. my glw are going to a new home in the fall,,, good layers, but nasty to handle in the backyard. had slw , they were nasty.... had barred rocks,, such screamers!!!!

I hope I have two hens in the buffy chicks, buffies lay well in the winter with a little light and I can do another batch next year... maybe marans...... but the gold chickens are so easy,
I find anything not yellow is a bad backyard bird for me.
I live in a small place. tight yards.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I didn't know much and went to TSC where they asked me if I wanted meat or egg birds. I said I wanted egg birds and they gave me Leghorns. I went back a week later and they had some RIR's so I picked up a few of those. The Leghorns are horrible, they scream every time I try to catch them to put them outside in their pen. The RIR's are pretty good but not what I would consider really friendly but at least I can catch pretty easy and they aren't afraid of me. I will keep your breed in mind next year if everything goes okay with my new endeavor.

Oooo - HEY! I work with dogs(mostly grooming, but dog behavior is my forte at work - natural pet food store) in the Vancouver, WA area. AND my best friend lives in Newberg too. We raise the same breed of dog(Akitas). What a small world!! I love Newberg. If I could, I would live there too - so long as we had acreage.

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' and to comment on how absolutely Adorable the kitchen chicks are. I just got BO's this year, and I cannot say enough good things about them. I will probably always have some in my flock. As well as Speckled Sussex. I cannot get over how calm and sweet these breeds are. Looking forward to their yummy eggs!
wink.png

Congrats again on a lovely hatch and happy family!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom