Mixed race chicks

Tlco

Songster
Sep 5, 2016
Taylor, Tx
Ok i lost all my chickens ladt year to Hurricane Harvey, had to move and am now starting all over. Have a nice coop and pen for the chicks (5 about 3 or 4 wks old). A neighbor gave them too me. My question is: Has anybody ever delt with mix race chicken? Her yard was full of different roosters and hens. Lots of mixed cross breeds. Is there any health risk or other dangers i might encounter with these type of chicks?

Ok i lost all my chickens ladt year to Hurricane Harvey, had to move and am now starting all over. Have a nice coop and pen for the chicks (5 about 3 or 4 wks old). A neighbor gave them too me. My question is: Has anybody ever delt with mix race chicken? Her yard was full of different roosters and hens. Lots of mixed cross breeds. Is there any health risk or other dangers i might encounter with these type of chicks?
Mixed "Breed" chickens are nice. I believe race only refers to us humans.

Thank you for you coments her is a pic of 4 of the 5 chicks. I beleave 3 of them to be bantams and the biggest ones to be a larger breed. All hatched on same day. 3 to 4 weeks old i think.anu ideals as to what they might be mixed with?

Attachments

• 20180921_092252.jpg
    20180921_092252.jpg
    773.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180921_091219.jpg
    20180921_091219.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 18
Thank you for you coments her is a pic of 4 of the 5 chicks. I beleave 3 of them to be bantams and the biggest ones to be a larger breed. All hatched on same day. 3 to 4 weeks old i think.anu ideals as to what they might be mixed with?
I am not sure, but they sure are beautiful! Good luck with them ❤️

For your second question about breed types, you might want to ask that in the breed section just because there are more experts that will see your question there as well
:)

Congrats on your new flock! Looks like you might have a rooster or 2 in them :jumpy

My "hood" chicken (the white one in my avatar) is a mix of god knows what and she is the toughest hardiest one of the lot. Pops out an egg a day. I'm thinking, much like dogs, pure breed chickens have specific jobs, while mixed chickens are just hanging out laying eggs.

Back
Top Bottom