MJ's little flock

Stop!! Maggie is RIR and the only person being bossed around is me! Still much missed Scary, was RIR too and she couldn't say boo to a goose let alone be mean to anyone. I know you are teasing but I have to defend my Princesses!

You are correct, it was a joke.

The sad fact is that along with leghorns, RIRs are the most maligned breeds on this site. The RIRs I had were very sweet. I have nothing bad to say about them.

Forgive me?

You are correct, it was a joke.

The sad fact is that along with leghorns, RIRs are the most maligned breeds on this site. The RIRs I had were very sweet. I have nothing bad to say about them.

Forgive me?
I forgive you! I will also go out and consult with Maggie, but I believe she has a forgiving nature (judging by how a treat makes her forgive me for chasing her around when she goes exploring in places she shouldn't!). The snow here has started as predicted. I think we are getting 5". Will be pretty in the morning but until then I hate it!

I am sorry @MaryJanet, I seem to have crashed your thread. Not sure how I found my way here. I do hope you don't mind!

@MaryJanet is out getting more chickens. I am sure she won't mind you joining in.

The 4 threads, MJs Little Flock, Ribh's D'Coopage, Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures, and Fluffy Butt Acres all overlap to some degree. In fact there have been times that something gets posted in the wrong thread and then the conversation moves. We are all one big family.

@MaryJanet is out getting more chickens. I am sure she won't mind you joining in.

The 4 threads, MJs Little Flock, Ribh's D'Coopage, Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures, and Fluffy Butt Acres all overlap to some degree. In fact there have been times that something gets posted in the wrong thread and then the conversation moves. We are all one big family.
Thank you for welcoming me to the family!

You have caught me. I was doing what I have railed about for years. :oops:

For a long time I fought with everyone here who said that leghorns were flighty unfriendly birds. I would post stores and pictures of Elphie and Daisy, greatest hen ever, on every thread that falsely described them. It's just not so. Every bird is unique.

Then last night I slandered Wyandottes by repeating what I have heard. Shame on me.

My apologies to Wyandottes everywhere.

Thank you for the reminder.

Every chicken is an individual with an individual personality that reacts to the environment in which they live, sometimes positively and sometimes negatively.

Except for those Rhode Island Reds, they are all bossy and mean! 😉
I've been thinking about this. I think a lot of this is subjective, @BY Bob , depending on our experiences with individual chickens of a particular breed. My Wyandotte is lovely & I adored both my Campines. I would have both these breeds again because my experience with them has been positive. You got the greatest hen ever in Daisy so Leghorns are your chicken of choice. :) There are chickenss I haven't had such positive experiences with so I am leery of ever owning their breed again.

Back
Top Bottom