Modified hoop coop idea, been done?

If you use Linux there is a free CAD program called LibreCAD. I use $olidWorks in Windoze but it's expensive which is ok I design automation machinery for a living. They will all have a steep learning curve at first.

What kind of OS (Operating System) are you using on your PC?

JT

Windows 10. Steep learning curve bad. I kind of miss the old days where photo editing and sketch programs were limited and therefore easy for the casual user.

That was the question first in my mind, so glad you are thinking of it.
I have to use a couple prop sticks on the 14ga 2x4 mesh roof on my run. Pretty easy to jam an 8' long 2x2 between ground and mesh, I cut a groove on the ends to hold mesh, works a charm and are removed in summer.

Super idea and easy to fix.

@aart Can you recommend an easy program for drawing stuff?
Easy? No.
A lot of folks use SketchUp as it's free and pretty good if used properly,
but there's huge learning curve.
How long it would take to become adept with it depends on your understanding of drafting/drawings and your patience and time budget with learning a new program.
There would be a learning curve with any program,
especially if you have no Computer Aided Drafting experience,
and even if you do.
I've used multiple CAD programs for 2+ decades to make a living, and I didn't want to take the time to learn another new program(when I tried Sketchup out of curiosity), plus I didn't need it as I have a full versions of Autocad 2D and Inventor 3D. There may be other programs out there that I am unaware of, not having the need to search them out.

Good old graph paper and pencil(and a good eraser)might be a better way to go.
Tracing paper can be another good tool when hand drawing.
Get the existing structure drawn to scale,
then use tracing paper over it to try various additions, modifications, etc.
Or make copies of original scale drawing and sketch on those.

Last edited:
I measured the concrete, varies between 5 and and 6 feet.

Full hoop off the run door, not sure I'd have the height to clear the door. Then it seems snow would get piled up between one side and the barn wall. Would make kind of a crack.

For now I'll look for graph paper.

Redhead Rae found this on pintrest and posted it in a different thread
might be of some help.. or not

cattle-panel-trellis-cattle-panels-jpg.1203871

Full hoop off the run door, not sure I'd have the height to clear the door. Then it seems snow would get piled up between one side and the barn wall. Would make kind of a crack.
I didn't mean to post that, and have now removed it.
You would have to rig an angled roof off barn wall over hoop to deflect snow.

Back
Top Bottom