Molting and corid

happyhencamper

Songster
Sep 25, 2020
Girls 2,4,8, and 10 Molting badly. One by one they are all getting diarrhea. Thought I would start with corid as I don’t have to touch them. I don’t want to stress them more. I was thinking wait out the molt and treat for worms and coccidiosis. Thoughts? No change to food. Layer crumble and I throw layer pellets with a bit of scratch mostly black oil sunflower seeds in the scratch.

Thoughts? Let it go until after the molt or treat now?

You can treat with corid but honestly they're old enough for that not to be a life-threatening issue.
It could be the seeds or that molting makes them feel lousy

Pictures of poops are welcome. They can get diarrhea with drinking more water than usual, stress, worms, infections, and egg yolk peritonitis. Since you have an assortment of ages, some may be suffering from an illness. Molting is a time when they are weak, feel lousy, and may not eat very well. I would encourage eating, try a little clean water in a small amount of feed, some probiotics or a bit of plain yogurt, and if it has been awhile since they were wormed, Valbazen 1/2 ml is very good. Repeat it in 10-14 days.

Pictures of poops are welcome. They can get diarrhea with drinking more water than usual, stress, worms, infections, and egg yolk peritonitis. Since you have an assortment of ages, some may be suffering from an illness. Molting is a time when they are weak, feel lousy, and may not eat very well. I would encourage eating, try a little clean water in a small amount of feed, some probiotics or a bit of plain yogurt, and if it has been awhile since they were wormed, Valbazen 1/2 ml is very good. Repeat it in 10-14 days.
Do you mean do it 2x when you say repeat in 10-14 days?

I never thought every little thing would cause me to worry, but here I am. lol 😘🐔
Tell me about it. I have been doing it for 10 years and no longer want to for the sole reason of trying to figure out these illnesses and not being able to take them to a vet due to cost.

This is the first time I have seen an egg layed on the perch. I thought this may have been the diarrhea problem egg stuck or something? But today I have the 2nd pic so still the same. The 2 with diarrhea I am very sure are from my rescued birds. 2 of the 4 have it so far. I quarantined and it is a year this month that I have them. Both gray large birds must be dual purpose birds don’t know breed. Just weird it is the 2 same type and no one else.

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpeg
    IMG_0620.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0613.jpeg
    IMG_0613.jpeg
    726.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom