MONTHLY Swap meet JACKSONVILLE, FLA-----INFO HERE!

Quote:
Hi featherbaby, I do remember that you want cuttings this fall. I just started a few for you. They are both brugmansia Doubles one pink (Daydreams) and one orange (New Orleans Lady), they will be in 1 gallon size by the time they are done. I will have lots more cuttings available pretty soon. The datura are best started from seed and grown as annuals. They don't root like the brugamansia do. I didn't get around to growing datura this year..too much other stuff to keep up with around here. My garden looks pretty pathetic in general right now except for the peppers
tongue.png

I do have some dutchman's pipe vine that I just put it in a larger pot, finally..the poor things has been neglected for too long. I would trade plants for fertile silkie eggs.... LOL!!
Still not sure if we are going to the swap tomorrow or not. Dh had to work tonight so he prob won't want to.

Thanks so much! I would love the Brugmansias!!!! My garden is pathetic right now. I had to go to N. Alabama and bring my 85 year old parents back to live with me about 3 months ago. Their medical conditions have gone downhill rapidly since then and I've been scrambling just to keep up with their care and doctor/hospital visits. I had to just let the weeds have their way with my garden. I finally got my yard man to spend about 10 hours weeding and trimming so I could go out there without crying. It looks better but the heat and neglect knocked a lot of the joy out of it. I'm hoping that fall temperatures will allow me to go out there without risking death by perspiration and plant some perrenials for color. My dad has had 2 strokes and I am losing him slowly. I called in Hospice last week. It's sooooo sad. My chickens and my garden seem to be the only distraction that makes me feel any better at all.

My Dutchman's pipe vines are blooming beautifully....they're several years old and huge! You should plant yours outdoors and get it established. It comes back every year, stronger and with lots of seedling volunteers to boot. Mine is in 1/2 day sun and 1/2 day shade and does great. I even have a volunteer batch on a chain link fence in almost total shade and it blooms well too.

I plan to be at the Sept. 26 show at Bent Creek. Will you be there? If not, I hope to see you in October.

I would love to go but this heat is so hard on the birds. I have lost 2 of my white silkie hens in the last 10 days..so heartbroken...they were both getting ready to be moved into my show pens.

If anyone is interested in some silkies, I live in Lake City if you want to come to the farm. I have some white and splash chicks available as well as some juveniles that would be old enough come fair time.....also some Mille Fleur chicks.... I will be going to the one in Starke on the 11th of September. Look on the upcoming shows and swap page Tony(the fella who always has the Florida white rabbits at Bent Creek) is hosting it with alot of 4Her's and FFA kids there looking for birds.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested in anything..

Vicie

Oi Sunshine, I feel you! I lost one of my gorgeous showgirls I bought in Tx because of the heat. I had to install fans in the coops because frozen bottles were melting too fast to do anything.

Chickenzoo--I will see you Sunday, my FIL is excited about his new birds! If by chance I don't make it, my FIL's name is Felix, I'll send him to get them.

BTW, if anyone wants to post on Craigslist about the swap, go for it! I did about a week or two ago, you can probably find that ad and copy and paste if you wanted to.

Last edited:
I wish I could come but, I'm in Maine. I have been checking out some BYC swaps here. See everyone next month...

We will be there for a short time only!! Picking up some eggs.

We have some Light Brahma chicks, if anyone is interested.
Let me know and will brings some with us.

Back
Top Bottom