More Chick Pics...Blue Orp/Buff Brahma Crosses, Odd BR, etc.

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Here are more of the five week old chicks out in the nursery coop. Since Sara is hatching these right now, I wanted to show her my cockerel and pullet from the mating of my Blue Orp rooster and Buff Brahma hen-first the cockerel (see the gold feathers?), then pullet(at least I'm 95% certain it's a pullet):
DCP_9340.jpg

DCP_9339.jpg

This is the BR chick that has SLW markings as a tiny baby. The barring is very blotchy and weird still, but he looks more like a BR with very weird barring than anything else, at least at this time:
DCP_9336LexSon.jpg

DCP_9337.jpg

DCP_9333LexBaby.jpg

Other pics of my Black Orpington pullet-she just wont pose:

DCP_9341.jpg

DCP_9342.jpg

I'm glad only your pen was damaged in those storms, Adam! You're the first person I thought of today when I heard. Yeah, I'm pretty certain the black one is a girl. Not sure if I'll keep her or not, but at least I did hatch a Caroline baby!

Well it is a cute little cockerel. I do love a good roo, but alas I can't have a whole flock of roos.
wink.png
Hopefully mine will be a pullet. Has anyone hatched a blue pullet from this cross?

Last edited:
I don't know mabe he is just a mutated barred rock boy and not the SLW cross we all thought he was HMMMMMM.

henry

I've seen messy barring, but this one is just terrible. And I've never seen one with white on the end of the tail like that. It's just bizarre, if he came from Lexie and Hawkeye. Even Gabriel and Zane have different barring. Gabe's is finer and Zane's is wide, but both are much more defined. Zane's isn't as crisp as Gabes, but this is just, well, there's no other words but blotchy/splotchy. Here are Gabriel and Zane today:
DCP_9349.jpg

DCP_9347.jpg

Back
Top Bottom