More From my Hateful Neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
We had a nosy neighbor that was always sticking his head over the fence. Didn't like our fire pit because his wife has asthma and didn't like the smell (although they have one too and use it when they want to ?!?). So because they didn't like it, they LIED and said we were burning yard trimmings (not) and filed a complaint. So after we had a talk with him about how much we didn't appreciate him lying (by the way he was very sheepish when we confronted him, I don't think he ever thought we would) ... anyway right after that we planted oleanders all around our back yard. Now our "fence" is 20 feet tall - LOL! It took about a year to get as tall as the fence, then another to get much taller!!!! The best part is if he wants them trimmed on his side he has to do it. He complained once and we let him know if he had kept his nose in his own backyard, we wouldn't have ever planted them. Serves him right!

Last edited:
Wow Shelly, thats great you found a solution.
smile.png
I don't know about planting shrubs here...I guess I could look into it. Doens't matter much though, still have to get my animals down to two... My husband asked some interesting questions though, he asked me if we get a fish tank, does that count? Or if we want to get a Parakeet or other small bird... all good questions. We are planning on getting a larger fresh water aquarium for our livingroom...I wonder if they see it they'd make me take all the fish out because that counts against our quota. I'm really not being a smart-butt here, as strict as they seem to be I wouldn't be suprised if fish counted.

You said you had an animal(s) put to sleep because of this rule? What was it or they? Really? I cant wrap my brain around this. Q

Quote:
No, you misunderstood.
smile.png
Since moving in here I have had to put one of my dogs to sleep (health issues) and have had to give my cat away (neighbor issue), plus we have a dog that I was fostering that we aren't adopting, now will have to re-home 2 of my rabbits.

Got any dandelion seeds? That might help them grow a little faster in her yard. Wait til a storm and let some leaves "happen" on her property and let her clean up her eye sore. I hate nasty neighbors. So glad I have the best ones ever. If she was going to be there for a few more years I would say plant some Leland Cypress Trees. They are key to making neighbors hate you, because they grow very fast and tall and block out sunlight, and provide you some privacy from then demanding neighbors
old.gif

undefined:/ i posted thi s ? yesterday but it has vanished into the BYC Ether. You said you had an animal put to sleep coz of this - what animal? Why? Why cant you keep bunnies in house, out of sight? You volutarily moved into a Stalag and sounds like you want to tell the Kommandant what orders you'll obey. Sounds to me like its the animals paying the price. I am finding it impossible to have any sympathy for any but your pets. Quetsweyo

Best of luck, hope it works out. I realize you are in a tough situation, just play by the rules and in order to maintain the peace, perhaps not act out of retaliation.

Last edited:
Sorry if i got it wrong, i saw somewhere it said you put down and re-homed but not why. Im not going to fight with my crap phone trying to find it again, i couldnt even find my 1st msg earlier. What is so special about this house that youd be willing to put up with all that crap? I understand nasty neighbours, ive live in the same house for 55 years and on 3 sides i have business, 2 of which are bars. If i had any money id leave. Is the price worth it? I like the dandelion seed idea. Maple tree and siberian elm, mulberry and clematis paniculatis seed also. Theyll be too busy bending over pulling seedlings to count bunnies. Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom