Mountain quail expert need help identifying Sex? *Update got some more pics*

bluenkimchi

Songster
7 Years
Sep 13, 2012
Here are the four that i got straight run and was told they were too young to sex then, so are they old enough yet? I'm guess the're all males based on some previous pairs i had before. If that is the case time to get some females. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for looking. I got them from londonbridges from here so any one looking for some hit him up next spring/fall. They are all healthy, nice and plump birds too.

Last edited:
They look like all males to me too. From the looks of it, they have enough feathers to tell. If they still have the juvenile feathers or some of the feathers have yet to grow, then that's when I think it's hard to sex. Were these his last 4 for the season?

yes he said these were his last hatch so he couldn't tell the sex and when i got them they were still not fully feather yet and that was only 2 1/2 weeks ago. I will get better pics of the front and side tomorrow.

So got some frontal, back and sides shots now but the're not the best as the birds won't stay still for a clear shot.
Thanks for any response!

If they are all males then i would be up for trading for females just pm thank you all.

thanks that gives me hope now,but i will just have to wait for spring to be sure thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom