Mt. Hope Swap Meet In Ohio July 16 GRRRR.. Some People are just RUDE!

Do you have any pics of them?

Quote:
I will have some good quality, Maybe not SQ. But good Quality. I am selling chicks for $5 ea. Pairs for $15 And after all the pairs are sold hens will be $10 ea.
I will have Partridge, Black, Blue. I may have white & Splash but I don't guarantee it. I haven't went out to check. I just kinda browsed today.

Michelle

I love how people just try to bargain you down to nothing and just give your poultry to them.

I had Serama's for sale there and I had them at a fair price at $15 a pair which is very reasonable. Someone tried to offer me $5.

Then I told these two people I would sell them the 11 juvenile serama's that were 3 months old there were 6 roosters and 5 hens. for $40 cause I didn't want to take them back home.

Do you know what they offered me $20 I was so ticked off.....
duc.gif
I thought it was completely rude and way under price. I told them I would just take them home. I wasn't there to just give my stuff away.

I packed up and left after that. It was way too hot to have the poultry out in that kind of heat. some people I swear.....
somad.gif

Maybe I am over reacting but, I thought it was rude to offer me $20 less than what I was asking when I already thought I was given a very reasonable price. What do you guys think.

I'm definately not going back to sell tomorrow. It was just a waste of my time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Your pricing on your serama is a great deal, iof I was closer I would grab them! i actually will be on my way to KY on Mondy....are you close by?? If someone made that offer to me, I would politely say that "thank you for the offer, but if you cannot afford my reasonable selling price, I cannot be assured you can properly feed and care for them!

I don't blame you for getting upset. I feel the same way... So was it even worth it? It's a 2 1/2 hr drive for me so I don't know if I'm making the trip or not. Plus tomorrows the 2nd day. I read it wrong and thought tomorrow was day 1. All the good stuff is probably all gone anyways.....

yeah tomorrow is the last day. I didn't get to walk around and look. I am kinda glad I didn't though, not like I need anything else. Poultry is so addicting.
I need to concentrate on the breeds I already have.

That is what I thought that is was a very reasonable price. Then they tried to buy all my hens and leave me with all the roosters. I said no I only sell pairs. So then they asked if they could buy trios. Again I said no this will leave me with a bunch of roosters. Geez.... some people. I live about a good 5 hours from KY. at least. I am 3 to 3.5 hrs from cinncinatti.

Michelle

Sooo Does this mean you wont be there to swap they Black Cochin Eggs were we gonna trade?
Please let me know so I dont carry them all day .
Its better to go on Saturday more people that had to work on Friday will be there Sat.I went on Fri .once and I wont do it again.I was a waste of time I go Sat and usually out of there by Noon.

Last edited:
Are people always so rude......

I didn't have any shade for my poultry. I was afraid of them getting a heat stroke. I had to keep putting them in my car and keep my car running with the AC on.

What was you selling your stuff for? (if you don't mind me asking)

Quote:
hit.gif
I sooo wish I was closer as I would buy your whole flock.. But I live a touch west of Indianapolis, IN... Not coming this way anytime soon are you.. Hint hint.. Hahaha!

lol.... no I am afraid not. I have actually never been out that way before.

Quote:
Hey I stick to my guns on stuff I want to sell and dont care to take home. I sold The Red Sussex for $30 a trio. I sell the Light Sussex chicks for $10 each.The Barnevelders were $30 a trio.
But The Roosters I want rid of I start at $5 each that way if someone wants them for breeding ,but the Asian people come and want a deal I sold for $3 each if they take them all.They want them to eat.

Back
Top Bottom