Murray McMurray Mystery Chicks?

jeremy

CA Royal Blues
13 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Oakland, CA
I'm ordering from Murray McMurray Hatcheries in the Spring, I've been told by several people that a "mystery" chick is included in your order. Said chick is usually also "rare or unusual".

That said- those of you who have ordered from MMcM, what rare and unusual mystery chick did you get?!

I didn't order from McMurray, but I did get a mystery chick from healthychicksandmore.com. I'm still unsure EXACTLY what it is, but I think I got a Buff Orpington with my order of ten Golden Comets. As chicks, the "rare breed" random pick was inversely colored, then looked the same as many others as they were pullets, and now as a young hen she seems a tad bigger than the other hens. I just used the website and made my judgement from the rare breeds listed for sale on it. Perhaps you could do the same at McM and sort it out by size/color? Hope that helps some.

I thought you have to check the box for this, they don't automatically send one.

We got the barnyard special (or whatever it's called) and the mystery chick. Found out our whole barnyard special was 'mystery'! We got a buff laced polish, maybe he was the mystery. It was a mystery how he could see to eat.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom