Hello everyone! I’m new to raising ducks and recently incubated some eggs. I decided to go with the Muscovy breed, as they have always caught my eye. I’m having some
Muscovy fever right now, and would love to see everyone’s adult birds! Feel free to post photos showing off your beauties!
I had one Muscovy drake called Elvis. He was a character for sure. Brave enough to take on full sized turkey toms, but not nearly strong enough. When we noticed he was really lethargic. And when he'd mostly recovered and was back in one of the Penn's, someone accidently let him back in with the turkey and again picked a losing fight with the tom. He had this Elvis roo on his head and had the swagger to match. He also had this cute tail wag that he always did. We couldn't keep him though because he was to mean to my mom's pekin drake.

I had one Muscovy drake called Elvis. He was a character for sure. Brave enough to take on full sized turkey toms, but not nearly strong enough. When we noticed he was really lethargic. And when he'd mostly recovered and was back in one of the Penn's, someone accidently let him back in with the turkey and again picked a losing fight with the tom. He had this Elvis roo on his head and had the swagger to match. He also had this cute tail wag that he always did. We couldn't keep him though because he was to mean to my mom's pekin drake.
Sounds like he was quite the character! I remember seeing my first Muscovy at a park and it was the only one there. It was a male that decided to follow me around everywhere. I swear he was acting like a dog! I wonder if someone dropped him off there? He would lower his head and move his tail around like crazy. I almost thought something was wrong with him ‘cause I really didn’t know their behavior during the time.

Sounds like he was quite the character! I remember seeing my first Muscovy at a park and it was the only one there. It was a male that decided to follow me around everywhere. I swear he was acting like a dog! I wonder if someone dropped him off there? He would lower his head and move his tail around like crazy. I almost thought something was wrong with him ‘cause I really didn’t know their behavior during the time.
He was. Not the prettiest duck but his personality more then made up for it. They are a super friendly people duck. Did you know their not technically ducks? Closely related to the point where they can sometimes breed, but not actual ducks.

He was. Not the prettiest duck but his personality more then made up for it. They are a super friendly people duck. Did you know their not technically ducks? Closely related to the point where they can sometimes breed, but not actual ducks.
Honestly they kinda remind me more of dogs lol. Well at least that one at the park did… What do you mean they aren’t technically ducks? Like are they more like geese, or…?

Honestly they kinda remind me more of dogs lol. Well at least that one at the park did… What do you mean they aren’t technically ducks? Like are they more like geese, or…?
Their not ducks. Same scientific family, but where as domestic ducks derive from the wild mallard, Muscovy's do not. Instead they are south american jungle fowl. Like with breeding horses and donkeys together, you get an infertile mule, when you breed a Muscovy and say, a Peking together, you'll get what's known as a muleduck, also usually infertile. (I managed to become one of the few that has a fertile muleduck XD)

Back
Top Bottom