How many scovy do you have? that will make a nice quail house.
I have five of them, but I was thinking they could just sleep in there at night. I guess it would be too crammed, though. Worst case scenario I already received it in the mail and I’ll go ahead and set it up for my quail tomorrow.

Here's our old chicken coop that now houses our six teenaged(15 wks) ducks. Their side is the left. I wouldn't want them in a smaller space. Some of them like to roost on top of the nesting boxes. I do keep water in there, but mine don't make a mess. It has a ground floor with wood shavings.
I like the set up. I was hoping they could sleep in the dog house I got them but I guess they will be too crammed. Do ducks need nesting boxes or will they lay where they bed down? Kinda a dumb question but I want to make sure I make them as comfortable as possible.

How much space would you recommend for five ducks? I also got them a little kiddie pool for them to go in when they want. It’s not super deep but they can at least bathe. …Unless they should have a deep pool?
My ducks only have kiddie pools to. It works but gets muddy quickly. We dream of building them a nice pond.

The answer to you question, the more space you can give them inside and out, the happier they'll be. Outside needs more space since they'll likely spend most their time outside.

This was a storage building when we bought our home My dh built the back end onto it when my poultry fever got in overdrive. All scarp lumber my son brought home when he was in construction and would have gone to the landfill.
then his Harley building became coop/feed storage. I also have a goose house build with scrap lumber. We don't call our homestead Tacky acres for nothing :p ;)
0694FE8E-19F9-4A7F-A162-84790E97D6BF.jpeg
2BB00863-DA95-47F7-B174-E5B46638F757.jpeg

Last edited:
This was a storage building when we bought our home My dh built the back end onto it when my poultry fever got in overdrive. All scarp lumber my son brought home when he was in construction and would have gone to the landfill.
then his Harley building became coop/feed storage. I also have a goose house build with scrap lumber. We don't call our homestead Tacky acres for nothing :p ;) View attachment 2784016View attachment 2784017
It looks awesome! Kind of gives me that “rustic” feel. I love the creativity of it! Hey it is a good use of extra materials, or if you have materials just laying around :)!

My ducks only have kiddie pools to. It works but gets muddy quickly. We dream of building them a nice pond.

The answer to you question, the more space you can give them inside and out, the happier they'll be. Outside needs more space since they'll likely spend most their time outside.
I figured it would get muddy quickly. I guess there is no winning when it comes to that. Hey as long as they are happy though!

This was a drake I had. I entered him in a contest on here some time back and won a prize. But he was a mean drake so I had to place him. Couldn't have him breeding with his temperament.

Attachments

• 20190223_095514-1.jpg
    20190223_095514-1.jpg
    854.5 KB · Views: 2
This was a drake I had. I entered him in a contest on here some time back and won a prize. But he was a mean drake so I had to place him. Couldn't have him breeding with his temperament.
What was mean about him? Was he mean to you or did he aggressively breed, or…?

Back
Top Bottom