MY 10 YR OLD CAUGHT A RED TAIL HAWK BARE HANDED

50-45-1

Free Ranging
16 Years
Feb 25, 2008
Northern Michigan (tip of the little finger area)
My Coop
My Coop
I wanted to share an older story about my daughter who was 10 at the time.
It was a small article in the online version of Traverse Magazine.
She is 16 now, and would kill me if she knew i was doing this.

https://mynorth.com/2013/09/northern-michigan-10-yr-old-saves-her-chickens-from-hawk/

2 years ago i heard this awful screaming and growling in our woods. I went out to see what the comotion was and here she comes, holding something by its tail, and it does not like it.
It was a almost full grown racoon. Her story was that our dogs had something treed and she went to investigate.
While standing there the racoon jumped/fell onto our dog Momo's back, and so she reached over and grabbed him by the tail to get him off her dog.
Again, another lecture about wild critters and rabies was given.

I wanted to share an older story about my daughter who was 10 at the time.
It was a small article in the online version of Traverse Magazine.
She is 16 now, and would kill me if she knew i was doing this.

https://mynorth.com/2013/09/northern-michigan-10-yr-old-saves-her-chickens-from-hawk/

2 years ago i heard this awful screaming and growling in our woods. I went out to see what the comotion was and here she comes, holding something by its tail, and it does not like it.
It was a almost full grown racoon. Her story was that our dogs had something treed and she went to investigate.
While standing there the racoon jumped/fell onto our dog Momo's back, and so she reached over and grabbed him by the tail to get him off her dog.
Again, another lecture about wild critters and rabies was given.

What a story! Glad she wasn't seriously hurt, sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders to have the presence of mind to handle it like she did.

Wow! :th

The hawk was released a few minutes after the picture was taken.
I was told it was a juvenile and probably pretty hungry at the time.
He never came back, i think it did not want to repeat that expirence.
My daughter told me at the time she reached in the bushes, she thought it was her rooster she was grabbing.
Got quite the supprise when she pulled it out!

Back
Top Bottom