My 3-ish year old hen made gurgling noises when I put my ear next to her side.

I don’t have a laptop, and when I tried using my tablet, it gave me the same response. I have the worse luck when it comes to certain things 😔

Alright, I’ll try that. I have an account with a few videos up, too, but it’s just now deciding to give me issues.

I might also ask, is there usually any cause for concern if a chicken’s tail is drooping? She’s not hunched over or squatting, and she often just has a droopy tail when sitting or picking at grass. I’m mostly just curious about that.

Generally, a tail held low and flat can signal a chicken in discomfort. But they do get into positions where they need to hold the tail down for balance, such as when roosting on a perch. Sitting is another position where they tail can be held in a down position.

When a tail is held downward because a chicken doesn't feel well, there are usually other signs such as lethargy, disinterest in food, and sometimes abnormal poop.

Generally, a tail held low and flat can signal a chicken in discomfort. But they do get into positions where they need to hold the tail down for balance, such as when roosting on a perch. Sitting is another position where they tail can be held in a down position.

When a tail is held downward because a chicken doesn't feel well, there are usually other signs such as lethargy, disinterest in food, and sometimes abnormal poop.
Ah. Thanks! I’ve tried looking for the reason of the tail drooping, but all I got was relating to egg-bound hens. I’m currently waiting for someone to contact me on YouTube, but I haven’t gotten a response yet :)! I’ll keep at it, though!

Did you set up an account at YouTube? You would need to do that first, then You Tube will "talk" to your computer device.
Alright! I finally got it uploaded! Sorry if the video is a little shaky and I couldn’t show too much. The girls are scared of anything that doesn’t look like food, and it was difficult to keep Rocky still and move her feathers out of the way lol.
Rocky’s Examination
Video^

Also, it has been confirmed, I can’t take anymore visits to the vet unless Im paying for it in full. My parents said that if they get sick or hurt, I’ll either need to figure something out, or they’ll kill them :C

I have a Silkie that makes gurgling noises whenever I pick her up.
Her abdomen feels normal, but I'm dealing with a similar thing.

Back
Top Bottom