My $4 Yard Sale Find for Zane *update post #27*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, Aug 30, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

In almost new condition, too! This collapsible playpen is perfect for bringing Zane in the house when it's raining and he cant be left out in the pen, but needs company. My dog is scared of it, silly girl, just like she's afraid of everything, so he's pretty safe in there. What do you think? Did I get a good deal for $4?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW, we are near the end of a 14 day stint of Doxycycline with Zane and it seems to be beating his hock infection. As soon as we are relatively certain the infection is really gone, we'll do some warm epsom salt soaks of his leg and see if we can get some movement back in it again.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Yes you got a great deal!!...I'm always on the lookout for those playpens and haven't found one yet!..I have one upstairs but my kids keep having grandkids!...LOL

Zane is in my thoughts!!

3. injunjoe

injunjoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Pasco county, FL.
    A very nice deal!
    Good luck with Zane, I hope he gets all better!

4. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    I've just got to say, that is pretty cool. Does Zane like being in it?

5. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    SCORE!!! Good deal! Nothing like a good yard sale.

How's everybody doing there?

JJ

6. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Chicken playpens . . . chicken diapers . . . chickens watching TV . . . chickens with fancy saddles . . . chickens dining on all manner of culinary delights . . .

I really love this forum. [​IMG]

In all seriousness, though, thanks for the Zane update. Seeing him in that playpen made my afternoon. You have no idea how many of us out here are keeping up with his progress!

Jen in TN
    ~:<>

7. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    I think Zane is the most famous chicken on this site! He needs his own fan club! [​IMG]

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Awww, Zane looks happy in his warm, comfy playpen. That's so sweet of you to set that up for him! [​IMG] I'm glad he's improving, even if it's taking time. You are such good chicken parents to be working so hard to heal him.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Zane can see out the door and keeps alarming. Makes us all jump when he yells, LOL. He seems okay and calm in there, watching TV.

10. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    I have a playpen for Bridgette too. She sleeps in it and doesn't seem to mind a bit.
    Glad to hear Zane is doing better [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by